Burris released by the Patriots

Burris is a shell of his former self. But I would like to see the Bengals sign him as an assistant coach for the corners....

I'm all for Burris having a job, but having a sub-par corner teach others is a bad Idea. We tried that with Ray Horton, and needless to say.......

Someone find Ken Riley, !! - If you want a former D-Back to teach that actually played with skill and smarts that should be our guy. Maybe even Rod Woodson since his playing days are over !

Burris is a shell of his former self. But I would like to see the Bengals sign him as an assistant coach for the corners....

I'm all for Burris having a job, but having a sub-par corner teach others is a bad Idea. We tried that with Ray Horton, and needless to say.......

Yea, Chris. But on the flip side, few big time coaches in the NFL had successful NFL careers.

Yea, Chris. But on the flip side, few big time coaches in the NFL had successful NFL careers.

True Kirk, but at the same time, it's been Mike Brown's poor treatment of retired or near retirement Bengals that has always left me kinda' spurned.

example .

1. Joe Walter - wasn't even told he was cut etc. etc.

2. Boomer Esiason 1992 - got the axe when the whole team was bad.

3. Anthony Munoz - showed great loyalty despite team not offering him any type of front office position.

4. Ken Riley - When he retired in '83, it was all but a lock that he would be in the Hall of Fame, but was never even offered a coaching position with the team. He ended up going back to FAMU (Florida A&M) to coach there.

Only one player I can remember got a decent send-off and that was Reggie Williams. But then again he was part of the Cincinnati Council then, so having him on your side suited the Brown Family ! - you get my point..lol