Football Gameplan's Week 5 Preview Video - Bengals v Jags

EmDiggy

Heh He said that Dalton had arm strength and tended to throw the ball to hard. That might be the case on 10 yard routes, but every deep route of 30+ especially fly patterns to Green, have been underthrown. If he hits those guys in stride they are a TD instead of just a 30 yard gain for a first down.

I agreed with EmDiggy's keys to the game, but how could I not? I actually think the key to every game the Bengals will play this season is the play of the defensive line. It's become the teams greatest strength and most opposing teams simply lack the ability to effectively counter the waves of pass rushers the Bengals can turn loose when leading.

I also thought the point about Dalton's inaccuracy being a result of throwing the ball too hard was interesting, but somewhat difficult to buy. After all, nearly everything Dalton threw in the first half against the Bills was late and behind the receiver, and nearly every deep ball he connected on in the second half was an underthrown jump ball. If that's the result of throwing the ball too hard, and I admit it might be, it feels a bit counter-intuitive.

That said, the farthest I've ever thrown a football in my entire life was 47 yards, a bomb that as I recall helped the skins overcome the shirts in a stirring grudge match. :lmao:

I agreed with EmDiggy's keys to the game, but how could I not? I actually think the key to every game the Bengals will play this season is the play of the defensive line. It's become the teams greatest strength and most opposing teams simply lack the ability to effectively counter the waves of pass rushers the Bengals can turn loose when leading.

I also thought the point about Dalton's inaccuracy being a result of throwing the ball too hard was interesting, but somewhat difficult to buy. After all, nearly everything Dalton threw in the first half against the Bills was late and behind the receiver, and nearly every deep ball he connected on in the second half was an underthrown jump ball. If that's the result of throwing the ball too hard, and I admit it might be, it feels a bit counter-intuitive.

That said, the farthest I've ever thrown a football in my entire life was 47 yards, a bomb that as I recall helped the skins overcome the shirts in a stirring grudge match. :lmao:

Was it a real football or one of those Rocket Nerf balls?

I found one thing funny but true about his analysis of the Bengals. He said that the Bengals need to use Gresham to take advantage of the Jags poor playing safeties. One thing that's funny, is the Bengals now have a starting safety named Reggie Nelson who the Jags gave up on. Second thing that is even more hilarious, is that the Bengals biggest weakness over the years has been their inability to cover tightends. :lmao:

Basically the other stuff is to the bone. You gotta control the clock, control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and don't make stupid mistakes in penalties and turnovers. It's a pretty simple recipe, just like mom used to make.

I really think this will be a bore fest and the game will be over by 3:30 with both teams running the ball and throwing short passes. Bengals win 17-6.

Thanks Gang! You're all making excellent points.. If I had to give a score, I'd say more along the lines of a 24-14 type of game

Em, Dalton is a Ken Anderson clone. He can be accurate, put up good stats, and win in a West Coast offense. Now if you put him in a Raiders offense he would be worse than Jamarcus Russel. He can put zip on the ball but can't get distance. From now on you can reference that when setting up your pics.

Funny tid bit, Ken Anderson was once a quarterbacks coach in Jacksonville!

Thanks Gang! You're all making excellent points.. If I had to give a score, I'd say more along the lines of a 24-14 type of game

Em, Dalton is a Ken Anderson clone. He can be accurate, put up good stats, and win in a West Coast offense. Now if you put him in a Raiders offense he would be worse than Jamarcus Russel. He can put zip on the ball but can't get distance. From now on you can reference that when setting up your pics.

Funny tid bit, Ken Anderson was once a quarterbacks coach in Jacksonville!

This is a GOOD comparison BallBreaker!! What I really like about Dalton is his short memory.. doesn't let bad plays affect him..just keeps chuckin' it