NFL Mishaps

Question: What is your most favorite mishap in the NFL in the last 5 years??? My favorite mishap and success involves one team--The New Orleans Saints.

Mishap: The Saints sign Aaron Brooks to a long-term contract and let Jake "Rajun Cajon" Delhomme walk to the Panthers. He ends up taking the Panthers to the Super Bowl in the following year. Jake even showed signs of brilliance while with the Saints. When Aaron Brooks got hurt, Delhomme would always step up. I remember one game, Delhomme took ONE SNAP from center and converted a 4th and 17 to keep the drive alive.

So, the Saints sign Brooks long-term and he's been FUMBLE-ITIS and Mr. Turnover ever since. He's played very mediocre--and worse than that--he lost his "hunger" and got satisfied. See Ken Griffey, JR for an example here.

Success: The Saints trade Dicky Williams a third round draft pick (however, the Saints made it so that if Dicky rushes for 1,500 yards, the Saints get a 2nd rounder; 1,800 yards, the Aints get a 1st rounder). Dicky ends up rushing for 1,800 and something--the Aints get a 1st rounder. Nice call. Then Dicky ends up being a pothead and has to retire. How's that for fortelling the future???

Here's the DOUBLE WHAMMY--the Aints end up drafting Deuce McCallister a year before the trade to Miami. Wow.

Too bad the rest of it looks like s**t for the Aints.

:lol:

saints sticking with brooks over blake was a mistake in my book. Delhomme aint gonna be s**t in a few years.

Theres a ton of bonehead moves that happen in the nfl and theres too many to list.

• 2 weeks later...
Vick breaking his leg last year was one... Especially after all the hype and his madden cover... Now when is Ray Ra gona break his damned leg?

That is not nice CJ!! You should have more respect for players...Just cause you don't like them lets hope he breaks the Madden tradition!

Vick breaking his leg last year was one... Especially after all the hype and his madden cover... Now when is Ray Ra gona break his damned leg?

That is not nice CJ!! You should have more respect for players...Just cause you don't like them lets hope he breaks the Madden tradition!

Yea, I hope Ray breaks his leg too... ^_^^_^