How horrible does the offense have to get?

walzav29

FIRE Brat. What is taking so long? The offense has tons of talent. I watched the Colts last night and it doesn't matter who they plug in, it just works. Palmer is no Manning, but when I read that Miami made an adjustment and then went 5 straight 3 and outs, that tells me we made no adjustments. Brown spent alot of money. Doesn't he want to utilize it?

The issue is SoP does not care.

He has produced a mediocre product, one that keeps folks engaged (pissed) and hopeful that "this might be the year".

As long as fans come to the stadium, he will continue to do just enough to extract maximum cash from the tri-state area.

Winning the SB is not "good business" he was once quoted as saying. Going 7-9, 8-8, with the odd 10-6/11-5 tossed in are very profitable.

The players on this team do not have the coaching staff that can get the best from them. The staff that can won't be brought in, too risky, too expensive.

On a practical note, I think this will be Carson's last year in stripes. I think he puts on the professional hat in public and during the season but inside is ready to take his game to another team. Maybe it is scheme, maybe its his arm or knee, or confidence, but there is no one in Cincinnati who can get him back to his best. If he believes he still "has it", I think he heads to a place where folks really do try to win. Dallas could be his new home, or Chicago, or KC.

The issue is SoP does not care.

He has produced a mediocre product, one that keeps folks engaged (pissed) and hopeful that "this might be the year".

As long as fans come to the stadium, he will continue to do just enough to extract maximum cash from the tri-state area.

Winning the SB is not "good business" he was once quoted as saying. Going 7-9, 8-8, with the odd 10-6/11-5 tossed in are very profitable.

The players on this team do not have the coaching staff that can get the best from them. The staff that can won't be brought in, too risky, too expensive.

On a practical note, I think this will be Carson's last year in stripes. I think he puts on the professional hat in public and during the season but inside is ready to take his game to another team. Maybe it is scheme, maybe its his arm or knee, or confidence, but there is no one in Cincinnati who can get him back to his best. If he believes he still "has it", I think he heads to a place where folks really do try to win. Dallas could be his new home, or Chicago, or KC.

I think he does care. He's just incompetent. He signed alot of guys that looked good on paper. The coaches failed. Which is his fault because he doesn't want to replace Bratkowski. Who knows. Maybe Palmer likes Brat.

the problem is Mike Brown. he doesn't want success. he's created a perfect business - the team is just good enough to keep the fans hooked and paying, but not good enough to require huge contracts. SoP is gonna milk this team as long as he can.