Volquez Rehab Stint

ArmyBengal

So Volquez threw 3 shutout innings at single A Lynchburg Saturday and is due for his 2nd start tomorrow.

His suspension is up this coming Monday, so there is no concern with that and they are looking to bring him back up in about a month, after he makes 2 starts at A, AA, and AAA levels.

There is thought they may ease him back into the starter's rotation by first letting him work middle relief and there's no denying that would be nice for us right now, because what we have sucks. His fastball was also clocked at 96, so it would appear all things are going well to this point.

Lets hope they continue that way.

On a side note, Bailey had a setback with his shoulder...

Hmmm, I thought there would be more discussion with this thread, but that's cool. I'll keep it updated.

Volquez got his second rehab start last night with single A Lynchburg. Lynchburg won the game 2-0 on Volquez's 5 shutout innings.

He only allowed 1 hit and struck out 4.

I know it's single A, but this is what we should be seeing out of him at this time and yes, I'm happy about it.

Seems Volquez got his first triple-A start and gave up 3 hits and 1 run over 5 innings of work. They think he's going to get at least two more starts at triple-A before considering calling him back up, but he's getting there. They simply aren't rushing him and I'm really happy they are doing that, because our rotation isn't in complete shambles, requiring him to get back ASAP. That's good on all accounts !!!