Cowboys draft board was apparently leaked

icehole3

2iitxcn.jpg

The way to read it is that each column is a round designation. The first column of players to the far left are first-round grades, the second column is second round grades etc. As names come off the board the pre-printed card is taken down and Jerry, or whoever, writes the player's name, the team that drafted them, the round and the pick number next to the name. For example, they had a third round grade on Thaddeus Gibson who was selected by the Steelers in the 4th round at pick 116. So he is in the 3rd column and next to his name it says Pitt, 4-116.

It is really blurry, but it looks like when this picture is taken the highest player on their board that had yet to be drafted was Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, who the Cowboys picked in the 4th round at 126. HappyWave.gif

Based on what I can see, Gresham was 23rd overall... and I'm assuming Dez Bryant was one of the guys his arm is coving putting him around the 11-13 range.

I couldn't find Dunlap anywhere... which probably means he was off their board for some reason, or else his arm is covering it... and neither could I find Shipley.

Ghee was a 2nd round grade though (38th on their board), so that was a steal with the 3rd round comp pick.

Also interesting that Sergio Kindle was given a 3rd round grade... calling plenty of questions about his health, since he's a 1st round talent.

was that D.Williams DT (Cardinals pick) a 3rd rnd grade by them?

No. That was Damien Williams. The WR that went to Tennessee in the 3rd round.

You can see when each player was drafted written after his name. Jerry's arm is blocking it, but you can see where it says 1-26. That was Williams draft spot by Arizona... So Dallas had him with a 2nd round grade, a couple slots below Taylor Mays.

I've got to be honest... I'm pretty fascinated with this. I wish I could take a look at the Bengals draft board.

Anyway, I guess there is a video out there as well, that allows you to see the entire board. Some Cowboy fan out there was willing to go to the trouble of copying down the whole board. You can take a look at it here.

He notes that Dunlap was indeed not on their board. Neither were other notable 2nd rounders as Arrelious Benn, Terrance Cody, and Brandon Spikes.

As I noted earlier, they had Brandon Ghee rated as a 2nd rounder... which makes me feel even better about that comp pick.

They had Shipley with a 3rd round grade, just after Tate and LaFell, but ahead of Mardy Gilyard.

They had Muckelroy as a 6th rounder... so that's a bit disappointing. But I still expect the Bengals to get good use from him as a coverage LB.

Unless, by some chance the names that were unreadable/missing were guys the Bengals drafted... none of the rest of the Bengals picks were on the Cowboys board.

I've got to be honest... I'm pretty fascinated with this. I wish I could take a look at the Bengals draft board.

Anyway, I guess there is a video out there as well, that allows you to see the entire board. Some Cowboy fan out there was willing to go to the trouble of copying down the whole board. You can take a look at it here.

He notes that Dunlap was indeed not on their board. Neither were other notable 2nd rounders as Arrelious Benn, Terrance Cody, and Brandon Spikes.

As I noted earlier, they had Brandon Ghee rated as a 2nd rounder... which makes me feel even better about that comp pick.

They had Shipley with a 3rd round grade, just after Tate and LaFell, but ahead of Mardy Gilyard.

They had Muckelroy as a 6th rounder... so that's a bit disappointing. But I still expect the Bengals to get good use from him as a coverage LB.

Unless, by some chance the names that were unreadable/missing were guys the Bengals drafted... none of the rest of the Bengals picks were on the Cowboys board.

I could see Geno not being on it since he didn't have a role in the 3-4. Seems like shipley isn't as much as a reach as people implied,Muck i'm surprised hes so low you think he'd get bonus points for being a good guy from texas ;)

This came up on the Ravens board too, so I'll say here what I said there: Given the results of Cowboys' drafts from the last ten years, I wouldn't put a lot of value in their board.