Rookie #'s

Kazkal

ya ya ya I know who cares :P here you go

For those in "Bengaldom" interested and perhaps looking to buy jerseys of their favorite rookies, the Cincinnati Bengals have assigned numbers to first-year players.

Here they are, according to the team's website:

* Jermaine Gresham, TE, No. 84

* Carlos Dunlap, DE, No. 96

* Jordan Shipley, WR, No. 88

* Brandon Ghee, CB, No. 21

* Geno Atkins, DT, No. 97

* Roddrick Muckelroy, LB, No. 56

* Dezmon Briscoe, WR, No. 11

* Otis Hudson, OG, No. 60

* Reggie Stephens, C, No. 61

For those in "Bengaldom" interested and perhaps looking to buy jerseys of their favorite rookies, the Cincinnati Bengals have assigned numbers to first-year players.

Sweet! Wonder what freddie mitchells gonna wear now?, And lol at cole's old #.

Hopefully well will get the same type of production out of the new 84 that we got from the last 84 huh ??

It's merely a way of tricking Carson into thinking he is throwing to TJ again. Last year, 84 was nowhere on the field. Now, all will be right with the world again.

Two things jump out.

Dez Briscoe will wear Akili's number until being replaced on the practice squad next year by a new rookie WR.

And I already have a jersey with Shipley's number on it. Granted, it has my last name on it, but no matter...as it's probably as close as I'll ever come to supporting that pick.

Oddly enough, i'm not excited enough about any of the picks to rush out and buy one of their jerseys.

Last year, I had a Maualuga (china special) sent out immediately...

I still need a Maualuga jersey >-< I was thinking about buying a TJ Jersey And Crossing it out and putting Gresham :P you get them for like 50-75% off heh

And I already have a jersey with Shipley's number on it. Granted, it has my last name on it, but no matter...as it's probably as close as I'll ever come to supporting that pick.

Wooo Hair Supports Shipley! ^_^

So what made you go with 88 hair?

My name, my number.

I don't buy authentic player jersey's. They're too expensive and you never know what the future holds for the player in question. So way back in 1986 when I finally ponied up for an authentic jersey I had them put my name on the back and one of the numbers I wore. Satisfied, I immediately assumed that no matter how long as I remained a Bengal fan I'd never have to replace the jersey, and indeed I haven't. Besides, there's no number available that covers more cloth than my twin ochos.

Last point. Nobody here needs to mention how I have clothing that I still wear that is older then they are. Just keep that kind of stuff to yourself, ehh.

I don't buy authentic player jersey's. They're too expensive and you never know what the future holds for the player in question.

Exactly why I order the China special. For $35.00 I could care less if that player leaves after his 4-5 year deal or not, because I would have gotten good value for the time spent wearing it and then I can simply get another one if and when another player comes along that I like enough to warrant wearing their name on my back.

If I were to to go the route of getting an authentic jeresy, I'd go with my name as well...

So what made you go with 88 hair?

My name, my number.

I don't buy authentic player jersey's. They're too expensive and you never know what the future holds for the player in question. So way back in 1986 when I finally ponied up for an authentic jersey I had them put my name on the back and one of the numbers I wore. Satisfied, I immediately assumed that no matter how long as I remained a Bengal fan I'd never have to replace the jersey, and indeed I haven't. Besides, there's no number available that covers more cloth than my twin ochos.

Last point. Nobody here needs to mention how I have clothing that I still wear that is older then they are. Just keep that kind of stuff to yourself, ehh.

Don't worry, I'm two years older than the jersey.

A couple of seasons ago I made a resolution not to buy any more Bengals merchandise until I finally got to see them win a playoff game. If I did buy a jersey, it would be one of the throwback Munoz jerseys. You don't have to worry about him going to another team and ruining the jersey and the throwbacks look so much better than the current ones. Surprisingly, you don't see a lot of them at Paul Brown Stadium either.

31-75074-F.jpg

After purchasing an authentic Thurman jersey in the summer of 2005, getting pissed, removing the 51 and Thurman, then having an 84 and Houshmandzedeh stiched on it....I said screw it.....and got an authentic throwback #33 Fulcher jersey.

However, I can now go back down to Koch's on 4th street and have them stich on a Gresham, if need be. I'll wait a little bit this time before acting.

Blain, the China specials come in a Munoz throwback for 35.00 as well... thumbsup3.gif

cough cough PM me cough cough where to get these china specials cough cough

lol I tried to PM you but it said this member cannot receive any new messages. Where can i get one of those $35 jerseys. i know for $35 its not going to be great, but is it at least decent?

If this were Dallas, Jerra would already have them on the racks at the gift shoppes in Jerra-World.

I feel like all of our new players' # are outta whack.

We sign Antonio Bryant and try to force him to wear #84 all b/c Jerome Simpson, who's gonna get cut anyways, has the number he wants.

Then Jermaine Gresham wants his college number or #18 but tight ends can't wear numbers in the teens which led me to the next obvious choice of flip floppin his college number and giving him #81...but Antonio Bryant has it b/c of that damn Jerry Simpson. But, after that I thought he should've been #88.

Jordan Shipley should be #83 ala Wes Welker...nuff' said.