ESPN Bengals story today...

Nothing too exciting.

Scouts, Inc. says

- Hooray for starting Palmer

- Rudi likely off the team after this year

- We have great receivers

- We have a great offensive line but no depth

- Justin Smith improved greatly last year, but because our line was so terrible it was hard to see.

- Tony Williams is a better player than Thornton, and would prosper if paired with a bigger tackle.

- Nate Webster will wear down over the season because our tackles can't protect him.

- Deltha O'Neal probably won't pan out.

- Our safety situation is great with Kim Herring next to Rogers Beckett.

Nothing too exciting.

Scouts, Inc. says

- Hooray for starting Palmer

- Rudi likely off the team after this year

- We have great receivers

- We have a great offensive line but no depth

- Justin Smith improved greatly last year, but because our line was so terrible it was hard to see.

- Tony Williams is a better player than Thornton, and would prosper if paired with a bigger tackle.

- Nate Webster will wear down over the season because our tackles can't protect him.

- Deltha O'Neal probably won't pan out.

- Our safety situation is great with Kim Herring next to Rogers Beckett.

Nice write up. If Rudi has a nice year they better give him an extension because I think he will have an excellent year.

One thing I don't get--Rudi is off the team next year.

WTF??? Why???

Why in the hell would you want your starting running back leaving the team? So you have 3 starters in 3 years??? That's just stupid--really stupid s**t. Your team will lack identity when you do that. You become the Arizona Cardinals when you do dumb s**t like this.

I posted this thinking that Rudi will have 1200 yards plus--meaning a great season. If he doesn't pan--then forget this post altogether.

;)

WTF??? Why???

Why in the hell would you want your starting running back leaving the team? So you have 3 starters in 3 years??? That's just stupid--really stupid s**t. Your team will lack identity when you do that. You become the Arizona Cardinals when you do dumb s**t like this.

Having Chris Perry could definitely make that suggestion very realistic. Will it happen? We'll see what Rudi does in his true sophomore season.

WTF???  Why???

Why in the hell would you want your starting running back leaving the team?  So you have 3 starters in 3 years???  That's just stupid--really stupid s**t.  Your team will lack identity when you do that.  You become the Arizona Cardinals when you do dumb s**t like this.

Having Chris Perry could definitely make that suggestion very realistic. Will it happen? We'll see what Rudi does in his true sophomore season.

Kirk,

And there is another. If Chris Perry has a DeShaun Foster-like year, then I don't have a problem with letting Rudi walk.

The Panthers are the luckiest organization on earth--first they sign Stephen Davis (when the Redskins thought that tank was empty--UHHHHHH--MISTAKE DANIEL SNYDER!!!) then Deshaun Foster has a knee injury that was supposed to be career ending. He came back last year to have good numbers for a backup.

If this situation happens with the Bungles, I'd be smiling ear-to-ear.