Edinson Volquez Suspended

BengalPimp

They suspend him and will allow him to serve it while rehabbing, which will allow him to come back and play probably before he is even able to. What kind of sense does that make ?? All that tells me is, if I'm a player that has a surgery or serious setback that will take me out for a long period of time, go ahead and use steriods or whatever I need to in order to get better and do a piss test early on in order to serve your time before you can play.

On a side note, good for Volquez...

Sounds to me like they should have reported that he failed a test, but it was due to a prescribed drug that he was taking trying to have a family. Seems like that is more important than a silly game anyway.

#1 It was prescribed for him in the Dominican Republic, not the U.S.

#2 It was a banned substance

#3 He says it was to help him conceive a child, but Manny took a female fertility drug and got banned....Those drugs have other uses/advantages.

#4 He was dealing with elbow and back problems, you really don't think what he took was to help him recover faster?

Anyways, a banned substance is a banned substance Period !

I guess good for him and the Reds, he wouldn't have been ready to play anyways, BUT, it also shows what a joke MLB's policies are.