Another former 1st rounder traded (Adam C

Kazkal

Wonder if it's another 5th rounder,Hmmmmm Maybe the Rams aren't locked in on Sam bradford after all

Rams trade Adam Carriker to Redskins

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 20, 2010 3:22 PM ET

The St. Louis Rams have shipped defensive lineman Adam Carriker to the Washington Redskins.

Adam Schefter reported the trade on ESPN. Schefter didn't have the terms of the trade, but he did report that the trade does not involve Albert Haynesworth.

Still, the trade -- like Monday's acquisition of Howard Green -- is yet another sign that the Redskins are seeking to beef up their defensive line, which could be a sign that they would like to deal Haynesworth.

We noted a month ago that the Redskins had contacted the Rams about Carriker.

Carriker started all 16 games as a rookie after the Rams chose him in the first round of the 2007 draft, but he started only nine games in 2008 and missed the entire 2009 season after suffering a serious shoulder injury.

The Rams wanted to get rid of 2007 No. 13 overall pick Adam Carriker so much that they traded him for the honor of moving up 28 spots in the fifth-round of the draft.

PS,This must be a hella of a draft class because seems like alot teams really want those day 3 picks heh.

It's the Rams. Does anything they do ever make sense. They're taking Bradford. For the sake of SUH & McCoy, I hope they don't go to the Rams. They have the worst history of 1st RD Bust D-Lineman I can remember.

In the last 9 Drafts ('01-'09) They have selected 5 D-Lineman in the 1st Rd. Of those, only Chris Long ('08) is still with the team. The rest, Damione Lewis & Ryan Pickett ('01), Jimmy Kennedy ('03), Adam Carriker ('07) are all gone.

I'm still wondering what the Redskins would be willing to take in trade for Haynesworth.

The scuttlebutt says a 2nd or 3rd....and at least one team, the Titans, are willing. So the real question is what happens to the trade price if a second team makes a bid?

And having 2 third rounders in our possession would make me at least consider the move.

There's not a more dominating DT to be had in the 3rd round for sure...