Bengals searching for veteran TE?

Kazkal

I think the Bengals drafted Coffman KNOWING that he had to bulk up, learn to block in a proset and seperate better..

They knew this ...

They drafted him because they saw a kid that can run and has soft hands and a good judgement for the ball...

He'll be okay....Kelly or Coats will block and the team will draft a mid round TE to compete...

Any honest evaluation of the kid has to acknowledge that he's a little behind where he was projected to be at this point. I think they expected/hoped he'd at least be able to take some snaps last year.

I think that's only true given the way the situation played out. They drafted him knowing they were going to have to teach him how to block from the ground up... but had highly skilled TEs ahead of him that would create both a learning curve, as well as plenty of time to heal up.

Unfortunately, that learning curve was gone by the 1st week of training camp, and for whatever reason, he didn't heal quickly at all.

He may be a little behind, but I'd blame the injury more than anything. And honestly, the fact that he eventually was placed on the IR, nearly a year after the injury occurred is more worrisome than anything. He's got the athleticism, the work ethic, and the intelligence to do it. But if for some reason the injury is a lingering one that he never quite comes back from, it's all moot. But I tend to think that is pretty unlikely.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic