Ted Ginn anyone?

MARVIN=W'S

With the Dolphins trading for B Marshall today it looks like they will be shopping Ted Ginn Jr. per PFT. With our need for a verticle threat I wonder if the Bengals will have any interest. He will come cheap probably a 5 or 6? Plus he is a return threat as well. I'd like to see him here.

With the Dolphins trading for B Marshall today it looks like they will be shopping Ted Ginn Jr. per PFT. With our need for a verticle threat I wonder if the Bengals will have any interest. He will come cheap probably a 5 or 6? Plus he is a return threat as well. I'd like to see him here.

I'd like that.... I'd like that ALOT... Probably won't happen but hell who thought santonio or marshall deals would happen, definstely for a 5th...

Sure!

For a 5 or 6 -- yes, it would be worth a try.

Who in this draft could we get with a 5 or 6 that has that speed, kickoff return ability with three years experience?

Ginn is a guy who could stretch the field, if he learns to focus on catching the ball.

Sure!

Who in this draft could we get with a 5 or 6 that has that speed, kickoff return ability with three years experience?

Ginn is a guy who could stretch the field, if he learns to focus on catching the ball.

He has always had average hands at best, I always thought Anthony Gonzalez was a better WR when they were at OSU.

For a 6th and use him purely as a returner sure? but as a WR? Hell no the guy leads the nfl in drops.

Pretty sure we could get a guy who could hold on to the ball and not avoid contact.

He has always had average hands at best, I always thought Anthony Gonzalez was a better WR when they were at OSU.

Avg at best? Total drops he was ranked one worst of starting TE's & WR's,Then Drop percentage worst in the nfl...thats not avg at best thats down right terrible.

Since I'm too lazy to read the PFT article...why are they shopping Ginn, exactly?

Bust/traded for marshall

He's an average WR at best. But he's been relied upon as a #1, or at least a starter. He'd be valuable as a #3, if for nothing more than a decoy role that keeps DBs honest.

As a return man, he's elite... and well worth a 5th round pick. Maybe even a 4th... but that would be the max you can give for him.

How bout tony schefflr?.. Then we won't have to draft a TE... We can just get a bunch of BPA in each round....

I could live with a 3rd for him

Seeing as how we have two 3rd round picks, giving up one to get Scheffler, wouldn't bother me all that much, but I'm trying to remember if he is much of a blocker ??

Anyone ??

Not that I know of mainly a pass receiving threat,I think thats why they brought in Graham.

Seeing as how we have two 3rd round picks, giving up one to get Scheffler, wouldn't bother me all that much, but I'm trying to remember if he is much of a blocker ??

Anyone ??

He can hold down the edge.... Lord knows he did against us.... <_<

So... You dont want the guy who can actually beat revis??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU i’d love to get ginn, and scheffler… That’d knock out two draft picks… ( TE and a verticle threat) and he is a great return man so he is worth the money. Guys… Idk if you realize if we get these two players… Which i doubt but why cant we give scheffler, utechts old contract… And ginn, chatmans contract?.. I mean hell we’d instantly be able to get defensive picks all in the draft… MAybe some olineman. And we’d be set with pretty much all young guys…. I’m foaming at the mouth with this opportunity

So... You dont want the guy who can actually beat revis???

i'd love to get ginn, and scheffler… That'd knock out two draft picks… ( TE and a verticle threat) and he is a great return man so he is worth the money. Guys… Idk if you realize if we get these two players… Which i doubt but why cant we give scheffler, utechts old contract… And ginn, chatmans contract?.. I mean hell we'd instantly be able to get defensive picks all in the draft… MAybe some olineman. And we'd be set with pretty much all young guys…. I'm foaming at the mouth with this opportunity

Dude, That video doesn't tell the whole story...not even close. That TD was for 53 yards, his game total was 2 receptions for 57 yards, so he basically had 1 catch for 4 yards the rest of the game. They also played the Jets 3 weeks later, and although Ginn had 2 long kick returns, he was held without a catch......

Beat Revis?????? I guess if you count 2 receptions for 57 yards in 2 games beating someone? Kick returner is the guys only value, and do you want to cut another WR to keep a KR ? Let alone give up a good draft pick?

i'd love to get ginn, and scheffler… That'd knock out two draft picks… ( TE and a verticle threat) and he is a great return man so he is worth the money. Guys… Idk if you realize if we get these two players… Which i doubt but why cant we give scheffler, utechts old contract… And ginn, chatmans contract?.. I mean hell we'd instantly be able to get defensive picks all in the draft… MAybe some olineman. And we'd be set with pretty much all young guys…. I'm foaming at the mouth with this opportunity

Dude, That video doesn't tell the whole story...not even close. That TD was for 53 yards, his game total was 2 receptions for 57 yards, so he basically had 1 catch for 4 yards the rest of the game. They also played the Jets 3 weeks later, and although Ginn had 2 long kick returns, he was held without a catch......

Beat Revis?????? I guess if you count 2 receptions for 57 yards in 2 games beating someone? Kick returner is the guys only value, and do you want to cut another WR to keep a KR ? Let alone give up a good draft pick?

so i guess chad johnson is worst than ted ginn then? chad had 2 catches for 28 yards in 2 games vs jets

Frankly, I don't care if it tells the whole story. It illustrates what he brings to the table. The threat of the big play. Often times, just the threat is enough to open up the field for other players. And in Miami he was a #1 WR. In Cincy, he would be nothing more than a #3, and Chad, Bryant, and especially Benson would benefit. I would put far more faith in Ginn than I would Matt Jones.

Ginn is not a #1 WR, but he is a dangerous weapon when used correctly... and he is one of the best return men in the NFL. His return numbers are surprisingly similar to the numbers Cribbs put up last year for the Browns. Think about how much Cribbs helped the Browns pathetic offense last year, and imagine what that kind of skill would do for the Bengals.

Frankly, I'm not sure why the Dolphins are trying to trade him. He is a bust because he was taken with the #9 overall pick, but most people knew that was a mistake when it happened. No one views Devin Hester as a bust being taken in the 2nd round. If you can find me a 5th round pick in this draft that would bring the kind of skill Ginn would bring to the KO return game, and the speed to stretch the field as a WR, keeping 7 men out of the box... then fine. If not, Ginn is well worth that draft pick.

so i guess chad johnson is worst than ted ginn then? chad had 2 catches for 28 yards in 2 games vs jets

Read above, not once did anyone say Chad beat Revis....but he did say Ginn did.

Read above, not once did anyone say Chad beat Revis....but he did say Ginn did.

The point he is making is that Ginn had better numbers than Chad against Revis.

No one really took advantage of Revis this year, but Ginn did as well as anyone. Combine that with his Kick Returning skills, and the fact that he wouldn't need to be the #1 WR makes him well worth a 5th rounder. He brings things to the table that the Bengals don't have on the roster, and is a better WR than Caldwell, Simpson, and I'd say he's a much safer bet than relying on Matt Jones.

Frankly, I don't care if it tells the whole story. It illustrates what he brings to the table. The threat of the big play. Often times, just the threat is enough to open up the field for other players. And in Miami he was a #1 WR. In Cincy, he would be nothing more than a #3, and Chad, Bryant, and especially Benson would benefit. I would put far more faith in Ginn than I would Matt Jones.

Ginn is not a #1 WR, but he is a dangerous weapon when used correctly... and he is one of the best return men in the NFL. His return numbers are surprisingly similar to the numbers Cribbs put up last year for the Browns. Think about how much Cribbs helped the Browns pathetic offense last year, and imagine what that kind of skill would do for the Bengals.

Frankly, I'm not sure why the Dolphins are trying to trade him. He is a bust because he was taken with the #9 overall pick, but most people knew that was a mistake when it happened. No one views Devin Hester as a bust being taken in the 2nd round. If you can find me a 5th round pick in this draft that would bring the kind of skill Ginn would bring to the KO return game, and the speed to stretch the field as a WR, keeping 7 men out of the box... then fine. If not, Ginn is well worth that draft pick.

Who ever told you Ginn was a #1 WR in Miami? Davone Bess was their #1.

#1's generally aren't 3rd on the team in receptions and 4th in yardage. Ginn was the 3rd option at WR (maybe even 4th) in Miami behind Bess, Camarillo, and even Hartline (another OSU guy). With a pathetic WR corp like that, what makes you think he can even be a # 3 here? He's a kick returner...that's it....Besides, now that they have a possession guy like Marshall (and a great one, just not that much of a deep threat...11.1 ypc last year) wouldn't it make sense to hang onto Ginn as a speedy compliment if he was that good?

Another thing, they won't give him up for a 5th. They'll want more, and he's not worth more.

Who ever told you Ginn was a #1 WR in Miami? Davone Bess was their #1.

#1's generally aren't 3rd on the team in receptions and 4th in yardage. Ginn was the 3rd option at WR (maybe even 4th) in Miami behind Bess, Camarillo, and even Hartline (another OSU guy). With a pathetic WR corp like that, what makes you think he can even be a # 3 here? He's a kick returner...that's it....Besides, now that they have a possession guy like Marshall (and a great one, just not that much of a deep threat...11.1 ypc last year) wouldn't it make sense to hang onto Ginn as a speedy compliment if he was that good?

Another thing, they won't give him up for a 5th. They'll want more, and he's not worth more.

This was the Dolphins depth chart for the '09 season.

Did he perform like the #1 WR on their team? No... but he lacks the skills to be a #1 WR. That's my point. To expect anything more from him than a #3 WR and ST player, you're asking too much.

With Chad and Bryant on the Bengals roster, I think Ginn could shine much like Mike Wallace did in Pittsburgh. He's got the speed to take advantage of just about any CB. He'll demand safety help over the top, and when any one player can do that, it opens things up for other players.

Why is Miami trading him? Good question. That's my whole point. The article that is being referenced mentioned a 5th round pick for him. That is a great value for Ted Ginn, and opens up the rest of the draft for BPA... because Chad, Bryant, Ginn, and Caldwell would be a very dangerous group of WRs.