hey Reds management

semiotter

Why not? He hit 27 hrs last year. Hits for avg. Can still play outfield.

The Reds are winning even with this weak outfield. Bruce is hitting. 150 no RBIs. So what are you waiting for. You say you want to win ! Prove it sign "Dye"

Here's a better one. Why is it, in the early part of the season, every time this kid Ondrusek comes to the mound in relief he brings with him the odor of SUCK ?? Who the hell is this kid anyway ?? Gave up another 3 runs tonight and let the Marlins tie up the game. In extras right now...

Bruce is 1-5 after leaving Votto in scoring position in the top of the 10th to end the inning. CLUTCH and a .143 BA to boot !!!

[/quote

Wow a whopping .143 avg. And Stubbs is having a hard time to. We have the weakest OF in the Majors. Heck Army you could hit .143. LoL

So they win again in 11 last night to the tune of 10-8.

Stubbs goes 0-5

Cabrera goes 1-6

Bruce goes 1-5

Stubbs and Cabrera are both batting .200 and Bruce is killing them with that .143 BA. Stubbs and Cabrera are the #1 and #2 guys in the lineup as well. Why is it they keep moving the lineup around ?? They did that all last year saying, "we are trying to find what works". Well, it's been 2 seasons, at what point in time do you begin to look somewhere else for why these guys aren't hitting ?? Bruce was the "can't miss" phenom the organization had been waiting for and he hasn't done sh*t. Can he get better ?? Sure, but my point is, he's not giving them what they thought they would get out of him and it's killing them.

The hitting makes me sick, but thank God for Rolen, Votto, and Phillips !!!

Stubbs goes 0-5

Cabrera goes 1-6

Bruce goes 1-5

Stubbs and Cabrera are both batting .200 and Bruce is killing them with that .143 BA. Stubbs and Cabrera are the #1 and #2 guys in the lineup as well. Why is it they keep moving the lineup around ?? They did that all last year saying, "we are trying to find what works". Well, it's been 2 seasons, at what point in time do you begin to look somewhere else for why these guys aren't hitting ?? Bruce was the "can't miss" phenom the organization had been waiting for and he hasn't done sh*t. Can he get better ?? Sure, but my point is, he's not giving them what they thought they would get out of him and it's killing them.

Untill the last two games even Phillips was struggling. I think it is time to start playing Dickerson, Nix and Gomes more often. Gomes has been a solid OF for us for 2 seasons now, time to reward him with some more AB's.

Stubbs goes 0-5

Cabrera goes 1-6

Bruce goes 1-5

Untill the last two games even Phillips was struggling. I think it is time to start playing Dickerson, Nix and Gomes more often. Gomes has been a solid OF for us for 2 seasons now, time to reward him with some more AB's.

I agree Gomes should be in there all the time

I think everyone needs to chill. It's been what...8 games? This isn't football, folks.

I can see that, but my issue is, it's hasn't simply been 8 games. These same problems have carried over from last season and were being dealt with prior to the All-Star break. I'm not saying we need to give up, I'm saying there needs to be accountability for a problem that has been going on for some time. Brook Jacoby is in his 4th year as the hitting coach and let's take a look at his body of work to this point:

Team Batting Average:

2007- .267 (Finished 9th of the 16 teams in the NL)

2008- .247 (Worst in the NL)

2009- .247 (Only the Padres were worse in the NL)

2010- .249 (Good enough for 12th of the 16 teams in the NL to this point in the season)

Another year around the .247-.250 range would make him the worst hitting coach in the NL over his 4 year period, minus a hitting meltdown from another team.

People keep harping on the team not being able to get enough run support for our starting pitching. Problem ??

I will leave the conversation about our starting pitchers giving up 5 runs in 5 or 6 innings until later. One thing at a time...

Oh, I don't take issue with questioning the hitting coach. He's been here long enough to establish some definite trends.

It's when people start wanting to bench a guy after 8 games that will get me riled up.

My bad Skyline, I think maybe my rants were spelled out clearly enough. Please allow me to clarify, as I only mentioned it briefly by saying I'm not ready to give up.

I think we have all the talent we could possibly ask for in players like Stubbs, Bruce, Dickerson, and Hanigan to name a few, but we aren't getting the production out of them most Reds fans thought we would be getting out of them. I don't blame the lack of production on those players, because if the organization thought that was the case, they wouldn't keep bringing them back. That being said, even though the keep bringing back the same crew, the production hasn't improved.

I've merely tried to point out that the only other part to the equation, that has seemed to go unmentioned in almost all circles, is Jacoby. To be honest, I always just had a feeling our hitting has been bad for a few seasons, but never really bothered to go look. When I did that today and posted the team BA for Jacoby's time here, I wasn't really surprised at what I found and only furthers my belief that steady dose of mediocrity in the BA stat falls more at Jacoby's feet than the players.

Soooo, my official rant for the remainder of the Reds season is, "FIRE JACOBY !!!"...

I think everyone needs to chill. It's been what...8 games? This isn't football, folks.

No way. They havnt hit well for awhile.

Oh, I don't take issue with questioning the hitting coach. He's been here long enough to establish some definite trends.

It's when people start wanting to bench a guy after 8 games that will get me riled up.

I dont want anybody benched, but at least try to get some guys on the field that are more likely to connect with the ball. Bruce and Stubbs are still the best option long term, but mix a little more of Dickerson, Nix and Gomes in while they find a better feel for the ball.

I dont want anybody benched, but at least try to get some guys on the field that are more likely to connect with the ball. Bruce and Stubbs are still the best option long term, but mix a little more of Dickerson, Nix and Gomes in while they find a better feel for the ball.

Sure, but the other question is how do you expect Bruce or Stubbs to find their swing if they aren't getting ABs? That's why Dusty is always saying in interviews that you've just got to let guys hit through these things. Now, if you're talking about giving Bruce or Stubbs a night off to kind of relax and reset, then that's fine. In fact, I think Gomes started last night in place of Stubbs. I've got no problem with that approach as long as it doesn't turn into giving up on players too early.

Now, if Bruce is still hitting sub .200 when May rolls around, then you start think about yanking him or even sending him down to the minors to try and get himself straightened out. All I'm saying is that 8 games into the season is way too early to panic.

Hey Skyline we are not giving up we are Reds all the way. And we are not saying we know more than Reds management but we do see that the Reds are close to winning this thang and think they are using some guys that havnt been producing to get us there. Aaron the last 2 plus so far this year and I think they can do better with some one other than Jay. They open a series with the Bucs so we will see how they play against a weaker club.