Is Jay Bruce gonna be another

semiotter

Hey guys they got similar history going. They both come up to the "Bigs"and play like All stars and then level off then its down hill from there.

I know I'm jumping the gun but it looks like the road the horse is taking.

And while I got your attention what about Aaron? Would you trade him? I bet there would be some takers for sure.

Hey guys they got similar history going. They both come up to the "Bigs"and play like All stars and then level off then its down hill from there.

I know I'm jumping the gun but it looks like the road the horse is taking.

And while I got your attention what about Aaron? Would you trade him? I bet there would be some takers for sure.

Jay Bruce is horrible, he will have a decent week every two months where he will hit a game winning home run or something and then he will turn back into the terrible batter that he is within two weeks. I was hyping the hell out of him when he first came up and damn I can't stand to watch him bat now because I know 9 times out of 10 how it's going to turn out. I think the thing is when he first came up the opposing teams were guilty of not doing their homework on the guy, and once they did their homework on the guy it's been all down hill since. He hurts us night after night with him being in the lineup with that terrible bat of his, I don't know where the runs are gonna come from this year looking at the roster.

Bruce has been a concern of mine going back to last year. Yeah, he broke his wrist and came back with a decent end to the year (I said decent, not stellar), but prior to his injury, the phenom f*cking sucked balls. Here again is my issue with the hitting coach. Yeah, I know, I'm sorry, but you asked. Bruce was in like a 2-49 slump last year and when they asked the hitting coach about it he said, "We are letting him hit through his slump". ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME ?? How exactly do you HIT through a hitting slump. Dumbest sh*t I heard last year. I really hate some of the coaching.

Aaron ?? Well, until we know we have Volquez back 100% from his surgery (mid-season maybe) I don't think they will move him. That doesn't mean I don't think they should try, only that I don't see it happening until after the All-Star break at the earliest.

Jay Bruce is 23... Joey Votto didn't even get to the pros until he was 24. Everyone wants to bail so early on these guys. I remember the Homer Bailey fall out too. It looks as though he is figuring it out.

Bail on Bruce ?? No. I'm not anywhere near there. Simply saying he needs to get things going and I further that by saying his hitting coach isn't helping him in that endeavor. Homer Bailey ?? Yeah, i've been done with his hype as well. He's coming around, but if his future outings are like his first, I won't see that as an improvement for him.

So since we spoke of Harang in this thread, I thought I would bring up the fact he gave up 10 hits and 8 earned runs in 4 innings of work tonight.

I'm waiting for the battle cry of the Harangatans to come....

WHY CAN'T WE GET HIM SOME RUN SUPPORT ??

Granted they only put up 2 runs tonight, but when your #1 gives up 8 earned runs, are you sure that is the right argument to make ??

I really do hate not having gotten rid of Harang.

So since we spoke of Harang in this thread, I thought I would bring up the fact he gave up 10 hits and 8 earned runs in 4 innings of work tonight.

I'm waiting for the battle cry of the Harangatans to come....

WHY CAN'T WE GET HIM SOME RUN SUPPORT ??

Granted they only put up 2 runs tonight, but when your #1 gives up 8 earned runs, are you sure that is the right argument to make ??

I really do hate not having gotten rid of Harang.

I think once Volquez shows he can recover from the surgery or Chapman comes up and has some success, then it may be time to part ways. The rotation will be getting pretty crowded, and I seem to remember Harang's salary being relatively high in comparison to the other guys...