Watching Pitt replay was a reminder

walzav29

Of just how bad the passing game actually was. Hopefully Bryant can make a difference. The Jets game showed it as well. The receivers just could not get open. I'm not sure if it was the line being unable to pass block or the WR's inability unable to get open. I still think the defensive focus in the 1st 2 rounds should be defense and in the 3rd get another WR.

Of just how bad the passing game actually was. Hopefully Bryant can make a difference. The Jets game showed it as well. The receivers just could not get open. I'm not sure if it was the line being unable to pass block or the WR's inability unable to get open. I still think the defensive focus in the 1st 2 rounds should be defense and in the 3rd get another WR.

Watched it as well. Coles and Caldwell looked like they ran the wrongg route. About half the time. Also, Palmer was not accurate during that game much. Palmer was not under huge pressure, though it seemed a vanilla playcalling effort from Brat. Benson was a stud and the line can run block, that much is sure.

It was also a game where Hall and Joseph looked vulnerable. Roy, Chinny and Crocker all were out of position often.

Odom caused problems all game for Ben.

Safety and WR are the overt weaknesses on display.

Watched it as well. Coles and Caldwell looked like they ran the wrongg route. About half the time. Also, Palmer was not accurate during that game much. Palmer was not under huge pressure, though it seemed a vanilla playcalling effort from Brat. Benson was a stud and the line can run block, that much is sure.

It was also a game where Hall and Joseph looked vulnerable. Roy, Chinny and Crocker all were out of position often.

And talk about a fluke win. They had no business winning that game. Truly amazing they pulled it out. Oh well, it's in the past. This draft is SO IMPORTANT. If it is as good as last years we'll be looking real good. If not we might be back to 8-8 land.

And talk about a fluke win. They had no business winning that game. Truly amazing they pulled it out. Oh well, it's in the past. This draft is SO IMPORTANT. If it is as good as last years we'll be looking real good. If not we might be back to 8-8 land.

It looked like Pitt eased up about halfway through the 3rd quarter. Telling was Shayne Graham's miss, even if it was 52 yards, it was a shank.

Pitt gave that game away. They really missed Polamalu.

Sad thing about pit game is their cornerbacks are crap.

Telling was Shayne Graham's miss, even if it was 52 yards, it was a shank.

I remember watching the game live and reacting to the miss with a shrug and a reminder to myself how much time was left in the game. But watching the replay and knowing what follows the missed kick, both in this game and much later during the playoffs, was interesting. The kick never has a chance.

I've always liked me some Opie, but it's hard to believe the Bengals are still considering the idea of Graham kicking for them again.

Also, Palmer was not accurate during that game much.

Well, he did bounce a perfect TD pass off of Chad's shoulder pad in this game.

In fact, it reminded me how Chad began last season with three games in a row allowing a potential TD pass or long bomb go directly through his hands and bounce of of a shoulder pad.

Not joking.

Also, Palmer was not accurate during that game much.

Well, he did bounce a perfect TD pass off of Chad's shoulder pad in this game.

In fact, it reminded me how Chad began last season with three games in a row allowing a potential TD pass or long bomb go directly through his hands and bounce of of a shoulder pad.

Not joking.

Saw that, and two nice drops by Coles and one by Caldwell.

It was just a high level of inconsistency. Palmer threw as many lasers as arm farts.