Martellus Bennett is unhappy with his roll with the cowboys

Kazkal

Martellus Bennett-TE- Cowboys Mar. 8 - 3:24 pm et

Martellus Bennett expressed discontent with his role in the Cowboys' 2009 offense during a Sunday interview with CBS 11.

Bennett had just 15 catches last season, and owner Jerry Jones questioned the former second-round pick's focus. "I think I could be one of the all-time greats," Bennett said. "Probably the system has to change for me to produce. It's not just all on the player. The thing is it's lack of opportunity."

Looks like Jones & Bennett would been happier had they accepted the bengals offer

Martellus Bennett-TE- Cowboys Mar. 8 - 3:24 pm et

Martellus Bennett expressed discontent with his role in the Cowboys' 2009 offense during a Sunday interview with CBS 11.

Bennett had just 15 catches last season, and owner Jerry Jones questioned the former second-round pick's focus. "I think I could be one of the all-time greats," Bennett said. "Probably the system has to change for me to produce. It's not just all on the player. The thing is it's lack of opportunity."

Looks like Jones & Bennett would been happier had they accepted the bengals offer

Me too.

Count me as being thrilled the Cowboys didn't accept the Bengals ridulously generous offer.

A bullet dodged.....and now worth no more than a single mid-round draft pick in trade.

What did they offer? I don't remember any details of the offer coming out.

Count me as being thrilled the Cowboys didn't accept the Bengals ridulously generous offer.

A bullet dodged.....and now worth no more than a single mid-round draft pick in trade.

What did they offer? I don't remember any details of the offer coming out.

Hard details of rejected trades are rarely confirmed by either party, and this example is no different.

However, after the news of the failed trade leaked to the media last October Cowboy owner Jerry Jones admitted the rejected trade package included a veteran player who Jones claimed "would have helped the Cowboys right away" and multiple draft picks, including one pick described as "premium". Jones also claimed the trade, had it been completed, would have met anyones standard for "a big trade."

So again, even without knowing all of the details, it appears to be far too much to give up for a player who not only hasn't accomplished anything, but one who now finds himself the subject of fresh trade rumors.

Offer them a 5th for him. :lmao:

The funniest part about the failed Bennett trade from last year is how much flak both owners got from fans immediately after the news was leaked. Meanwhile, one year later, the story is mostly forgotten in Cincy, but Cowboy fans are still livid when they think about Jones turning down the Bengals offer. Funnier still, Dallas papers always claim the Bengals offer included a 1st round pick while Cincy papers consistently claim it was a 2nd rounder. (Way too much either way.)

LMAO at his thinking he could be "one of the all-time greats". Then follows that up with "The thing is it's lack of opportunity"

Don't you think the Cowboys want to get the most production possible? If he was that damn good he would be getting more snaps. I mean, how the hell can you be "one of the all-time greats" when you're not even the best TE on your team? That must make Witten the best ever? Trying to find the logic.....