Tate only 5-10, other combine numbers

icehole3

Note: Arkansas OG Mitch Petrus ties combine all-time bench press record with 45 reps.

Note: Petrus tied the mark set by great players like Mike Kudla (2006) and Leif Larson (2000).....That's Hall of Fame company right there.... :lol::lol::lol:

Don't get me wrong, the bench press is important, but as long as the guy is on par with all the rest at his position, and not the lowest, that's all that matters....The most reps doesn't always = the best player.

Note: Arkansas OG Mitch Petrus ties combine all-time bench press record with 45 reps.

Note: Petrus tied the mark set by great players like Mike Kudla (2006) and Leif Larson (2000).....That's Hall of Fame company right there.... :lol::lol::lol:

Don't get me wrong, the bench press is important, but as long as the guy is on par with all the rest at his position, and not the lowest, that's all that matters....The most reps doesn't always = the best player.

Leif Larson sounds like a 1920's gangster in a comic book.

Tate seems like Steve Smith to me. I'm not worried that he's a little short, because he knows how to get open, and he breaks arm-tackles.

I'm hoping they don't draft a WR early enough to get Tate... but I won't be outraged if he's the guy they take.

Tate scares me, he put up most of his stats against very suspect teams. He always seems to be invisable against top tier defenses. Short WR's can be very good, but I dont think that is the type of WO that Carson would like. A bigger target seems to be the right fit, for now.

The reason he was able to do that was because he has short arms. The other guys had short arms too. It is more impressive to see the long armed guy put up good numbers

Tate is showing good measurables. No he's not tall... but a good majority of the effective WRs recently have not been the prototypical size T.O. Randy Moss type guys.

The thing I always liked most about Tate is his ability to catch a ball in traffic. He has those intangibles that makes him outwork defenders and the concentration to catch the ball while he's being hit. If the Bengals are going to draft a WR early, I'd like to see them take a guy like that who isn't just a one trick pony that runs fast down the sideline (something that Tate can also do)... but breaks tackles, fights for extra yards, knows how to get open, catches in traffic - all of that.

If you're not getting a guy like that, then just wait until the 4th or 5th. You can always get a burner there, unless Oakland keeps drafting them all in the first round.

/>http://footballsfuture.com/2010/combine/wr.html

Mardy Gilyard 6'0 - 187

Actually a bit surprised Gilyard actual measured in at 6'0"....Looks smaller...Even though he is listed som places at 6'0" and even 6'1" I thought for sure he would come in at like 5'11".....

Too bad he won't be around when we pick in RD 2.

Running a 4.56 good chance he will be I would think