Boomer was horrible in SB

walzav29

First

I know it is a sickness to watch Super Bowl 23 and get irritated.

But after listening to Boomer talk about how the Bengals should get rid of Ocho it made me think of Boomer. He was just as outspoken as Chad. If you watch America's Game about the 88' Bengals he came off as a giant Dik. Then in that Super Bowl he was painfully off target all game. He had plenty of time and couldn' hit anyone. I think he has an axe to grind with Mike Brown.

First of all, Boomer wasn't very good during the last few games of the regular season that year,w asn't very good in the playoffs, and was awful in the Superbowl. Everyone talks about our offense that year, but the second half of the season, they became totally one-dimensional, and could not throw the ball at all int he post-season. Their defense carried them through the playoffs and in the Superbowl. They were a better defensive team at that point than they were on offense...something which few bengals fans actually realize. We didn't score a single offensive TD in that game...limited to a lousy 3 FGs.

Our defense totally shut down teams all through the playoffs. Our offense struggled.

I guess it turns out Boomer had an injured shoulder at the end of the year and couldn't throw the ball downfield at all. Who knows...

All I know is our offense that year was a big disappointment.

If Bruce Smith didn't get injured in the AFC Championship Game for Buffalo, we probably lose. He was totally kicking Anthony Munoz's ass in the game and single-handedly shutting down our offense before hurting his ankle.

Boomer Esiason has always been a jerk. I only defended him because he was a Bengal.

Now that he just goes along with the flow on that pregame show....I have written him off and am one of his haters.

I dont value his opinion and I hope he is closer to his analyst friends now that he has joined them in bashing the Bengals.

Boomer was horrible in the Super Bowl but let's not get carried away here. He was a very exciting QB to watch. Who can forget the fast paced no huddle offense he treated us to with James Brooks, Ickey, Eddie Brown and company? He was the perfect guy to run that. You can't picture Ken Anderson running that sort of attack. Sure Boomer was not the most accurate of passers and he had a tendancy for them to sail but he led an excellent offense in this town.

One more thing to remember about Boomer and it is pertinent to now...Boomer's play waned in the early 90s causing them to draft Klingler but to his credit he bounced back and did well as a Jet, Cardinal and as a Bengal again. Thus it is possible for Carson to bounce back from his mid career swoon.

Boomer was horrible in the Super Bowl but let's not get carried away here. He was a very exciting QB to watch. Who can forget the fast paced no huddle offense he treated us to with James Brooks, Ickey, Eddie Brown and company? He was the perfect guy to run that. You can't picture Ken Anderson running that sort of attack. Sure Boomer was not the most accurate of passers and he had a tendancy for them to sail but he led an excellent offense in this town.

One more thing to remember about Boomer and it is pertinent to now...Boomer's play waned in the early 90s causing them to draft Klingler but to his credit he bounced back and did well as a Jet, Cardinal and as a Bengal again. Thus it is possible for Carson to bounce back from his mid career swoon.

Carson sure has caught alot of guff, but I am 100% convinced it's the lack of weapons that is the issue here. He was clutch in alot of games this year in the 4th quarter. With more weapons he'll get back the crazy numbers.