So what Do you all think??

semiotter

Ok I know the Super Bowl is this weekend and a lot of you are thinking about that. But really I don't give a Rats Ass about the game. I don't like either team and if the Bengals aren't playing I don't care.

So I know somewhere in your mind way back in the back there's a small fire burning about MLB season 2010. And I know you have seen some of these late moves the Reds have made and your 2 brain cells are churning about thinking "hey"" can the Reds contend this year ....Mmmmmm good question. Well here's how I see it....first except for the Cardinals I'm not really worrying about the rest of the Div. The Cubs didn't do anything this winter. And the Brewers didn't do much either added a few old arms thats about it. Astros did nothing at all and the Pirates well they are the Pirates. Now to the Reds...

Well start with the infield. They have 3 former gold glove winners and Joey the best player on the team. So that's a really good INF.

The Ps didn't trade Aaron or Bronson and that might be a blessing. Like Army has said if Aaron can regain from we will be in great shape. We don't get Edwin back till late summer so don't look for much out of him. Homer turned it on late and we all hope this is a sign of good things to come So at the least the P's in my view will make or break us this year.

The outfield is very young besides Bruce you never know who else will be out there so this is a weak spot as I see it.

Catching is avg. At the least.

So there you go fans sorry about the long post. I hope there's more the 2 or 3 fans on this site this year. So go Reds!!! This could be a good year.

Ok I know the Super Bowl is this weekend and a lot of you are thinking about that. But really I don't give a Rats Ass about the game. I don't like either team and if the Bengals aren't playing I don't care.

So I know somewhere in your mind way back in the back there's a small fire burning about MLB season 2010. And I know you have seen some of these late moves the Reds have made and your 2 brain cells are churning about thinking "hey"" can the Reds contend this year ....Mmmmmm good question. Well here's how I see it....first except for the Cardinals I'm not really worrying about the rest of the Div. The Cubs didn't do anything this winter. And the Brewers didn't do much either added a few old arms thats about it. Astros did nothing at all and the Pirates well they are the Pirates. Now to the Reds...

Well start with the infield. They have 3 former gold glove winners and Joey the best player on the team. So that's a really good INF.

The Ps didn't trade Aaron or Bronson and that might be a blessing. Like Army has said if Aaron can regain from we will be in great shape. We don't get Edwin back till late summer so don't look for much out of him. Homer turned it on late and we all hope this is a sign of good things to come So at the least the P's in my view will make or break us this year.

The outfield is very young besides Bruce you never know who else will be out there so this is a weak spot as I see it.

Catching is avg. At the least.

So there you go fans sorry about the long post. I hope there's more the 2 or 3 fans on this site this year. So go Reds!!! This could be a good year.

I agree with most of your post, but would have to put catching at just above average, with Hannigan backing up Hernandez.

I really like this team. Veteran, strong defensive infield. Young, hungry outfield.

A legitimate #2 hitter for the first time in ages. I still worry about leadoff, but 2 through 7 Cabrera-Votto-BPhil-Rolen-Bruce-Hernandez is SOLID.

Deep starting pitching staff. Lehr, Maloney, Chapman, Owings would start on many teams, we only have room for 1 and that's before Volquez comes back! This staff should be even better in 2011, unless Dusty fx*xs it up. Bullpen looks solid too. I also love everything about the new pitching coach - his effort, his ability to work with the spanish speaking pitchers, his approach - all solid.

To be honest, other than left field, my biggest concern is the manager's chair. Dusty screws this one up, Jocketty and Mr. Fruit can his butt.

I really like this team. Veteran, strong defensive infield. Young, hungry outfield.

A legitimate #2 hitter for the first time in ages. I still worry about leadoff, but 2 through 7 Cabrera-Votto-BPhil-Rolen-Bruce-Hernandez is SOLID.

Deep starting pitching staff. Lehr, Maloney, Chapman, Owings would start on many teams, we only have room for 1 and that's before Volquez comes back! This staff should be even better in 2011, unless Dusty fx*xs it up. Bullpen looks solid too. I also love everything about the new pitching coach - his effort, his ability to work with the spanish speaking pitchers, his approach - all solid.

To be honest, other than left field, my biggest concern is the manager's chair. Dusty screws this one up, Jocketty and Mr. Fruit can his butt.

I would have like to never seen the Dusty experiment, but he has done an OK job so far. He really needs to get a winning season this year or he should be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I like what I see out of the team and will agree that we should be looking at a winning season. The thing that bothers me IS the pitching rotation. Will Harang come out of his two season funk ?? Will Arroyo maintain longer periods of being solid as opposed to the roller coaster ride of inconsistency ?? Will Homer return to continue the same way he finished off last year or go back to the former where he was giving up 5 runs over the first 3 innings to put the game out of reach ?? Who really are the #4 and #5 starters on this team, because I'm not quite sold on the rest of the starters as some seem to be. Chapman has a lot of development ahead of him, but should be fun to watch. Volquez probably won't be back to his dominant form this season at all and no earlier than the 2nd half of the season.

I love what the rest of the team is shaping up to be, but feel the outcome will still rest on the shoulders of the pitching staff. If they don't give up 5 runs over the first 3 innnings, they wouldn't have to worry about why they can't get some runs on the board. That being said, I still don't like our hitting coach.