Reds sign SS Orlanda Cabrera

skyline

To bad Janish couldn't find a way to hit better than .205 because then we wouldn't need to be dicussing this and they could have found a way to spend 3 million (we never knew they had) somewhere else. That being said, it's neither here nor there. Probably a solid move without providing the "WOW" factor. Then again, after the coin they dropped on Chapman, there won't be any "WOW" factors in the foreseeable future.

I think it was a good move. The only problem is, it's a one-year deal, and it's hard to get excited about those. It doesn't look like this team is built to win it all next year, so again, hard to get excited about a 1-year deal.

There is a mutual option for both in 2011 for 4 million. Plus I think it is better I mean he is 35, and think about getting burned like Tevares or Gonzalez

I think it was a good move. The only problem is, it's a one-year deal, and it's hard to get excited about those. It doesn't look like this team is built to win it all next year, so again, hard to get excited about a 1-year deal.

There is a mutual option for both in 2011 for 4 million. Plus I think it is better I mean he is 35, and think about getting burned like Tevares or Gonzalez

I would think they're just biding their time until someone comes along that they're really excited about. This is a temporary upgrade until then.