Since theres some Reds talk

semiotter

Hey gang since the "Bengals" are through :( and there has been some excitement on this site with Chapman getting inked!! I thought I see your takes on this years Reds.

With last years 78-84 team, most players look like they will be back. I thinks we are just a good SS and a power hitter away from being right in the mix to the end. The Cards are tuff but not unbeatable. They have 3 real good players and 2 of them are P's.

But if you look at the Reds, SS and no power hitter would be the top of my wish list..

Another good arm never hurts either. So that's how I see it. Its our time for a winner and I really think they are closer that a lot of people think.

Hey gane since the "Bengals" are through :( and there has been some excitement on this site with Chapman getting inked!! I thought I see your takes on this years Reds.

With last years 78-84 team, most players look like they will be back. I thinks we are just a good SS and a power hitter away from being right in the mix to the end. The Cards are tuff but not unbeatable. They have 3 real good players and 2 of them are P's.

But if you look at the Reds, SS and no power hitter would be the top of my wish list..

Another good arm never hurts either. So that's how I see it. Its are time for a winner and I really think they are closer that a lot of people think.

A good right handed power hitting outfeilder and a solid SS would go along way toward making this team competitive. When is Volquez due to be back? If he is out for a major portion of the season, the rotation becomes average at best.

If the 3-4-5 of Philips Votto Rolen is healthy I think the offense will be a little better this year.

And Semiotter I would say the cards have 4 really good players with bringing back Holiday. After those 4 the talent on that team drops off.

The earliest the Reds get Volquez back is mid season and even after that, it will be slow going. I think this hurts the rotation unless Bailey can find a way to carry over what he was doing right in his last few starts at the end of last season. Don't count on seeing Chapman to start the season and possibly not at all the first season either.

That being said, this team is further along than it usually is at this point and they should get a winning season coming up.

I still don't see playoffs in this years team, but I was wrong about the Bengals to, so there's always hoping...

The earliest the Reds get Volquez back is mid season and even after that, it will be slow going. I think this hurts the rotation unless Bailey can find a way to carry over what he was doing right in his last few starts at the end of last season. Don't count on seeing Chapman to start the season and possibly not at all the first season either.

That being said, this team is further along than it usually is at this point and they should get a winning season coming up.

I still don't see playoffs in this years team, but I was wrong about the Bengals to, so there's always hoping...

I dont see a winning season without the services of Volquez for the majority of the year, but hopefully they surprise me for once.

I dont see a winning season without the services of Volquez for the majority of the year, but hopefully they surprise me for once.

If everything goes right I think they can challenge the cubs for second place.

If the 3-4-5 of Philips Votto Rolen is healthy I think the offense will be a little better this year.

And Semiotter I would say the cards have 4 really good players with bringing back Holiday. After those 4 the talent on that team drops off.

Yes ur right I totaly forgot about Holiday.

They need a LH starting pitcher pretty badly too. I'd love to see them sign Miguel Tejada. That would go a long way towards exciting me.

LF doesn't bother me too much. They have options in Heisey, Dickerson and Francisco.