What's gotten into Solomon Wilcots?

SWATFan

Is it me, or has Solomon undergone somewhat of a "chameleon change" as of late? First, I noticed that he transformed his look: new haircut, added spectacles (that he may or may not actually need). And, he has noticably loosened-up on the air; his off-season feud with Ochocinco is when this realization first dawned upon me. Whereas before - he had a certain tenseness to him, and more of a deliberate quality to his on-air work; now, he seems considerably more relaxed, more spontaneous, wittier. While he's always been good (caveat: I have no memory of his work prior to 2004) - he has seemed even more insightful recently. Watching some of the Chargers-Browns game yesterday sealed it for me: Solomon is, at least in part, almost like a new man. Depending on your worldview - you can say that he's stepped up his game.

I just wonder what the deal is. Although I imagine that whatever pressures there are in his field-of-work haven't diminished, he's acting as though a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. (Or maybe he's on some good meds?) It's just curious how he's transformed his look and persona. I mean, it's not an easy thing to loosen-up on national television, all of a sudden.

On the other side of the spectrum (almost) - Troy Aikman's "game" is going in the opposite direction. Is it just me, or is he not as good as he was 3-4 years ago? He's becoming more of a master-of-the-obvious, and doesn't seem as relaxed or as confident as he was. And the conspicuous hair-dye jobs give him a creepy look.

What is in the air?

Don't watch much NFLN.

As for Aikman, his continual and merciless raping of the English language has meant that I mute the channel without hesitation whenever he's commentating. Rather like more than what he would what of then done. Also - defenced? WTF. Defended. They already invented a word so his pea-brain wouldn't have to.

/trembles with rage

Is it me, or has Solomon undergone somewhat of a "chameleon change" as of late? First, I noticed that he transformed his look: new haircut, added spectacles (that he may or may not actually need). And, he has noticably loosened-up on the air; his off-season feud with Ochocinco is when this realization first dawned upon me. Whereas before - he had a certain tenseness to him, and more of a deliberate quality to his on-air work; now, he seems considerably more relaxed, more spontaneous, wittier. While he's always been good (caveat: I have no memory of his work prior to 2004) - he has seemed even more insightful recently. Watching some of the Chargers-Browns game yesterday sealed it for me: Solomon is, at least in part, almost like a new man. Depending on your worldview - you can say that he's stepped up his game.

I just wonder what the deal is. Although I imagine that whatever pressures there are in his field-of-work haven't diminished, he's acting as though a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. (Or maybe he's on some good meds?) It's just curious how he's transformed his look and persona. I mean, it's not an easy thing to loosen-up on national television, all of a sudden.

On the other side of the spectrum (almost) - Troy Aikman's "game" is going in the opposite direction. Is it just me, or is he not as good as he was 3-4 years ago? He's becoming more of a master-of-the-obvious, and doesn't seem as relaxed or as confident as he was. And the conspicuous hair-dye jobs give him a creepy look.

What is in the air?

Always liked Wilcots and have not noticed Aikman becoming worse, but how do you get worse than suck?