AFCN News

Steelers | NFL To Determine If Bettis Violated Anti-Gambling Regulations

Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:02:09 -0700

Updating a previous report, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports the NFL is trying to determine whether Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jerome Bettis is in violation of the league's anti-gambling regulations after being involved with a slot-machine parlor proposed for Pittsburgh. According to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, league executive vice president and chief legal officer Jeff Pesh will talk with Bettis and the Steelers to determine if he is in violation of league regulations.

Ravens | Boulware Might Not Be Ready For 2004 Opener

Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:49:43 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Peter Boulware (knee) expressed doubts Wednesday, June 30, that he will be able to play in the Ravens' 2004 regular season opener on Sept. 12. "To be honest with you, I don't know," said Boulware. "It's tough to tell. The competitor in me would like to say I would be ready to play the first game. But realistically, there is a chance I may not. It's one of those things that only the knee will determine." Team officials are expecting Boulware to miss training camp after undergoing knee surgery in January, but they were optimistic about him returning as a situational pass rusher for the first part of the regular season.

Just something I saw...

WHODEY !!!

The Steelers and Ravens problems don't seem to be stopping.

Boulware would be a big loss but everyone else on D is back. The backup for Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, looked like a bigtime bada$$ in the 2nd Bengals game so he might take the place of Boulware to start the year if he can make the leap to outside or else they'll roll Suggs to the other side.

More AFC North stuff from Kirwan.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7468193

It's interesting that he's got the Ravens with 10 wins, Steelers and Bengals with 9, and even the Browns with 8 considering the North will be up against the East divisions this year.