Dez Bryant suspended for the season

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/27/dezs-09-season-over-osu-career-next/

Yesterday, Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy said that he thought "everybody had given up" hope that Dez Bryant would be able to return this season.

As it turns out, Gundy and everyone else was right in giving up said hope.

According to the Daily Oklahoman, Bryant has been suspended for the remainder of the 2009 season for lying to NCAA officials about a meeting with Deion Sanders.

Barring a successful appeal by the Cowboys -- the school has already started the appeals process and should have a decision by next week -- Bryant will see his 2009 season come to an end.

And, given the fact that there was a very high likelihood that Bryant would be an early entrant for the 2010 NFL draft before his NCAA issues, it's highly likely that Bryant has played his last down ever for OSU.

Neither the school nor the NCAA have made an official statement on Bryant's season-ending suspension.

This is crap! He doesn't deserve a year long suspension! So he lied about having dinner with Deion! That's sounds like a show that Deion Sanders is hosting! :lol:

Anywho, we've all lied! He doesn't deserve this suspension and it really really shocks me! Ahh, who cares he'll be a Top 10 pick next year so they can suck it!

This is simply stupid. Didn't Oregon reinstate Blount after knocking that dude out from Boise State ??

If they can bring him back, this certainly doesn't deserve a full seasons suspension.

I think he is still suspended from games, just practicing with the team.

This is simply stupid. Didn't Oregon reinstate Blount after knocking that dude out from Boise State ??

If they can bring him back, this certainly doesn't deserve a full seasons suspension.

I think he is still suspended from games, just practicing with the team.

He will be reinstated though, just a couple more games...btw, he only deserved like at the most a 2 or 3 game suspension!

Well, from what I read it seems that they think it was more than just dinner and that he was getting some kind of compensation. I got the feeling, though, that they don't have proof.

Hmmm...I never thought that but its an interesting thought. If they don't have proof, how can they merit this suspension?

Well, from what I read it seems that they think it was more than just dinner and that he was getting some kind of compensation. I got the feeling, though, that they don't have proof.

Hmmm...I never thought that but its an interesting thought. If they don't have proof, how can they merit this suspension?

I don't have any idea. I read that on PFT yesterday.

Thing is, they know d*mn well that these college football players are getting compensated in one form fashion or another.

For all the money these big universities are raking in for the efforts of their players, you know it's happening.

I just don't see it as the big deal I guess...

I sorta agree with you. I mean, if they're keeping their grades up and attending classes and it's not a case of pro players being brought in to only play football for the glory of Generic U then eh.

Well it's pretty simple when you think about it. You have these football players that have been in college for 3-5 years depending on their situation and can't put a coherent sentence together if their life depended on it. Some of these guys are so d*mn dumb after spending so much time in school, the universities should be embarrassed.

But their not... Why ?? Because they make money off of these dumb ass kids that have a gift to play football.

I'm not trying to cast ALL football players in the same light, only pointing out what you see in a very good handful.

Well it's pretty simple when you think about it. You have these football players that have been in college for 3-5 years depending on their situation and can't put a coherent sentence together if their life depended on it. Some of these guys are so d*mn dumb after spending so much time in school, the universities should be embarrassed.

But their not... Why ?? Because they make money off of these dumb ass kids that have a gift to play football.

I'm not trying to cast ALL football players in the same light, only pointing out what you see in a very good handful.

Hey, I've met Roscoe Parrish. Dumbest person on the planet. That he went to the same college as me is embarrassing. Hell, many of them, Junior or Senior, haven't completed their degrees when they leave for the NFL. I wonder why...