Let the annual Pirate Fire sell begin

semiotter

Like I said it must be the end of July cuz Pirates are leaving Pittsburg faster than anything this year. But its something that happens every year Omg could you even imagine what type of team they would have if they even kept half of the players they've got rid of in the 10 years, nobody could touch them. And they maddness never ends after eariler this year trading their good young All Star center fielder McLouth then 1st baseman LaRoche away they trade ss Jack Wilson a big fan fav away today. Sorry about your front office sucking so bad Bucko fans but I'm happy these moves might keep the Reds out of the basement

Oh that's right, didn't think about that. Good point Army. And now they are talking about getting rid of Victor. Oh my youngest joined up in the National GD today. He leaves for Ft. Jackson SC in Sept

When talking about the Pirates, you have to remember to keep it in the proper perspective that Pittsburgh is a football town first .. last ... and always. I remember watching the Reds play the Pirates in the NLCS and seeing pleanty of empty seats in the stands. That weekend the Steelers were playing the Packers ( not very good at the time ) in a meanignless game and it was standing room only.

Pirates are one of the originals .. and its a shame they don't get the hometown support that they should.

When talking about the Pirates, you have to remember to keep it in the proper perspective that Pittsburgh is a football town first .. last ... and always. I remember watching the Reds play the Pirates in the NLCS and seeing pleanty of empty seats in the stands. That weekend the Steelers were playing the Packers ( not very good at the time ) in a meanignless game and it was standing room only.

Pirates are one of the originals .. and its a shame they don't get the hometown support that they should.

It is a shame that you can have a team like the Pirates get so little love in their own hometown. It's like they just don't care about them. Even though the Reds are seeminly out of it, the fans still go down to see the Reds play. It's been said before, but it bears repeating at this point. If the Steelers were to suffer through a period of sh*tty football the way the Bengals have, would their fans still support them ?? I would bet the city would have lost the Steelers had the roles been reversed. Small market and all. Don't get me wrong here, I envy the Steelers organization and how the always seem to get it right, but their fans always struck me differently and that's not trying to bash, it's just how I honestly see it.