Jeremy Jarmon drafted by the Skins

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d811535ac&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Redskins select Kentucky DE Jarmon in supplemental draft

Associated Press

The Washington Redskins made the only selection in the NFL Supplemental Draft on Thursday, taking Kentucky defensive end Jeremy Jarmon with the 19th pick in the third round.

The Redskins will give up their third-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft for selecting Jarmon, who acknowledged in May that the NCAA had declared him ineligible for his senior season because he tested positive for a banned substance. Jarmon said the result came from a dietary supplement.

According to the Redskins, Jarmon is the first player they've ever taken in a supplemental draft.

Jarmon ranks third on Kentucky’s career list with 17.5 sacks. He received honorable mention on the All-Southeastern Conference team last year and made the second team in 2007.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

As a UK fan, I'm happy for him. With a lack of depth at DE and getting to play next to Albert Haynesworth, I have a feeling we might see the first Defensive Rookie of the Year that was selected in the supplemental draft.

How is having Haynesworth going to help him ?? Ask our current DE in Odom how his stats were when he had Haynesworth demanding double teams and stil being able to totally disrupt the interior of the d-line. Unless Maualuga earns the starting OLB position, I don't see him winning DROY, but I'm still VERY excited to see him get on the field...

Well :P more of a Crack at the only 2 years Haynes has produced is Contract years :P,So he could very well end up avg player he was three years ago....As for Maualuga Ya it will depend if he wins starting LB position which I think he will but He'll also have being very well known on his side not only that seems like linebackers & defensive ends have easier time winning the award.