Reds vs. Braves

ArmyBengal

They get a day off tomorrow and then host the Braves for 3. The Braves are 30-32 riding a losing streak, so we may get swept again here. Harang, Owings, and Maloney are the scheduled starters and I can't seem to write anything else, as I'm irritated as hell with their effort as of late.

Go Reds ??

Alright here we go. The Braves are trying not to lose their 5th game in their last 6th tonight, so this doesn't bode well for the Reds as they do poorly against slumping teams. Chipper Jones is in an 0-21 slump, so he's bound to hit a grand slam tonight as well.

Taveras is in an 0-32 slump and Dusty being the good manager he is said he would work with him "personally" to help him out. What Jacoby (the hitting coach) can't figure it out huh ?? Great. When asking Hairston about his two errors in the last game, he had this to say, "I don't know if I could have a WORSER day." Wow dude, really ??

Sorry, I'm still a little pissed about this team right now and I'll say it yet again, they can't afford to lose games like these...

Still no word on Votto's return although he's not on the DL any longer.

Jeez...somebody talk this guy off the ledge. :serenade:

This is a big home stand, without a doubt. If the Reds get swept here, I think they will be sellers instead of buyers.

But hey, we are 2.5 out. None of the Central teams are world shakers.

If the Reds get it going against the Braves, I could see Walt making a move for that right handed bat.

Don't give up! Go Reds!

SIDENOTE: I find it interesting that you are all doom and gloom about the Reds (a team with hope), and yet you are curiously optimistic about the Bengals (hopeless team). Hey to each their own I guess, but I wouldn't write off the Reds just yet.

You know Bearcat every once in a while I unignore your posts to see if you have anything worth while to say.

Nice to see things haven't changed...

The Reds are 3 games out since the Brewers won last night and the Reds were idle and to say the NL Central teams aren't world shakers may be the case now, but do you expect the Cubs, Cardinals, AND Brewers to remain as inconsistent as the they have been to this point ?? As certain as I am making this post right now, one if not a couple of those teams will get hot and start tearing things up. Do you have the same confidence in the Reds to do the same ?? I don't, I think they stay inconsistent.

I'm ok with that, based on their youth. What I'm not ok with is the fact that we have a team that should be able to put runs on the board and haven't been able to do that. I've pointed out that batting a team .190 isn't going to win many series and that the coaching needs to step up in that area. I mean we can't play the Nationals every day where that actually gets you wins unless you missed the Royals series.

I'm not all doom and gloom about the Reds, I'm pissed that they are underachieving and the coaches seem bothered none the less.

Optimistic about the Bengals ?? If calling for an 8-8 season is optimistic, then sure. I love both teams, but am a bigger Bengals fan than Reds fan. Either way I (as any other fan) can be as optimistic or doom and gloom as they choose, but thanks.

So the Reds open the series with a 7-2 win and end their losing streak. Thank God !!! Rain delays and soggy conditions were mostly what was seen in last nights game, but the Reds pulled it out. Harang didn't go more than 2 after the long rain delay and Herrera got his first major league win. It seems Votto took batting practice but there was a report that he will be going on a minor league rehab stint. They didn't say when (just soon) or for how long. I hope he gets it figured out and back soon.

The Brewers, Cardinals, and Cubs all won last night as well, so the Reds remain 3 games back.

Owings gets the start tonight and is 3-0 in his three career starts against the Braves. That's good, because he's lost 5 of his last 6 outings, so maybe he can turn it around.

Have to admit that I was/am a little leery of this set with the Braves ( historically we haven't done real well with the Brave ) ... and a lot leery of the White Sox.

Getting the win last night was great ...... but I'll feel better when the Reds can show a lot more consistency hitting ... and on defense. The errors ( BRAIN FARTS ) combined with the lack of run support doesn't bode well. Especially if .. as noted above the Cards .. Cubs ... & Brewers decide to get on a hot streak.

We've been lucky so far ..... but thats not going to get it done for the remainder of the season.

Bearcat ..... The right handed bat that you mentioned ..... got anyone in particular in mind ????

:cheers: Pop 1 for the Reds!

So the Reds open the series with a 7-2 win and end their losing streak. Thank God !!! Rain delays and soggy conditions were mostly what was seen in last nights game, but the Reds pulled it out. Harang didn't go more than 2 after the long rain delay and Herrera got his first major league win. It seems Votto took batting practice but there was a report that he will be going on a minor league rehab stint. They didn't say when (just soon) or for how long. I hope he gets it figured out and back soon.

The Brewers, Cardinals, and Cubs all won last night as well, so the Reds remain 3 games back.

Owings gets the start tonight and is 3-0 in his three career starts against the Braves. That's good, because he's lost 5 of his last 6 outings, so maybe he can turn it around.

Now you're talking... :sure:

;) 7 - 0 .... the other guys.

Cards lost ... but the Cubs won .... and the Brewers didn't play. 2 out of 3 against the Braves ain't bad, but they're going to have to get on a win streak before the competition does.

White Sox have won 3 out to the last 4 they've played ( not counting the postponed game ) against the Brewers and Cubs .......

:cheers: Here's to them cooling off a bit in Cincy.

Bearcat ..... The right handed bat that you mentioned ..... got anyone in particular in mind ????

:cheers: Pop 1 for the Reds!

It seems too many teams still think they are in contention, so I haven't heard much except for the Nationals.

I know he is a LH but Dunn? :lol:

If you're going to extremes ...... I'll take Casey. He's available ... says he's got a lot of time on his hands ..... and should be good for at least part of a season. B)