Best Sleeper RB

A 5'9 fullback ?? Count me out when there are far bigger guys out there to take on the players we face in the AFCN.

Army, on the real, these are the best FB's coming out of college;

http://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings/fb.php

The tallest one is 6.1 ft.

And i can tell you now they dont run no 4.5

5'9 but 240 O-O compact but damn

Lorenzo Neal, part 2?

They have a very similar profile and many may not remember that Lorenzo Neal was on his way to being a very good halfback (if you can call a 240 pound man a halfback) before he wrecked his knee earlier in his career in New Orleans.

Just for the record, Tony Fiametta is a true FB, stands at an even 6 feet tall, tips the scales at a sculpted and rocked up 245 pounds, and managed to run a legit 4.58. Outstanding character, a crushing lead blocker, and probably the best route runner and pass catcher in the bunch, too.

Granted, Fiametta isn't a sleeper. But why beat the bushes for a sleeper FB pick that would cost roughly the same?

Just for the record, Tony Fiametta is a true FB, stands at an even 6 feet tall, tips the scales at a sculpted and rocked up 245 pounds, and managed to run a legit 4.58. Outstanding character, a crushing lead blocker, and probably the best route runner and pass catcher in the bunch, too.

Granted, Fiametta isn't a sleeper. But why beat the bushes for a sleeper FB pick that would cost roughly the same?

Agreed... but where are the Bengals going to have to take him? If they really want him, they might have to use a 4th on him. If they are just hoping he'll drop, they can wait until the 5th. I doubt very much he'll be there in the 6th, as he is the top FB in this draft.

the top FB went in the 3rd round last year. heck, the seahawks drafted a LS in the 6th last year. if you want to be absolutely sure you get a specific guy, you have to take him waaaay over value.

the top FB went in the 3rd round last year. heck, the seahawks drafted a LS in the 6th last year. if you want to be absolutely sure you get a specific guy, you have to take him waaaay over value.

That's probably true if you really lock yourself into one player... but I think a 4th would get the top FB.

The 3rd you mentioned was Jacob Hester. He's not exactly a true FB. He has a lot of skills and ability that don't make him a standard FB. He's much more of an offensive threat, than most FB's who are small O-linemen that can catch. The first true FB was drafted in the 5th last year. The first FB the year before was with the last pick of the 4th round, and in '06 it was late in the 5th.

I'll stick with my original statement that if the Bengals are honed in on this guy (which I doubt they are) they will probably want to use a 4th to make sure they get him... and I think we can agree that's reaching. There's a good chance he'll be there in the 5th, and that would be a quality pick. If they decide to wait until the 6th, they'll have to take someone else.

That's my opinion on the matter. I'll understand if they take him in the 4th, even though he won't be the BPA. I'll be really happy if they grab him in the 5th, and if they wait until the 6th, they'll be getting someone else.

If they really want him, they might have to use a 4th on him. If they are just hoping he'll drop, they can wait until the 5th. I doubt very much he'll be there in the 6th, as he is the top FB in this draft.

I'm not sure there's a FB alive that I absolutely have to have, but you're touching on why I mentioned Fiametta in the first place. Fiametta is DraftScouts 150th ranked prospect...which looks like a near perfect value match for the 5th round pick at #142.

That said, I couldn't bring myself to reach for Fiametta with the 4th round pick. Rather, I'd just shrug my shoulders and move on to the next guy on my target list....which in this example would mean Conredge Collins at #179.

I think the pick will be Fui Vakapuna. His only real knock is that he's kind of old (24) for a rookie, but he's just the kind of FB we need in the running game and is very similar to Tahi. I see him as a Nick Williams (Luchey) type that might be able to do some damage running the football on the goal line or in short yardage.

Travis McCall from Alabama is another devestating blocker that I'd be happy with. How about an Alabama Running Game Trifecta with Andre Smith, Caldwell and McCall??

I think their are a lot of options available after the 5th and there will even be some solid FBs available as UDFAs. There always are, including the FB we just lost out on in RFA from the Vikings.