John Kuhn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got cut from the Packers, signed with Cards.

No he is a restricted free agent with the Packers. He visited the Cardinals and now he is on his way to Cincy.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7537

He had 1 rushing and 2 receiving TD's last year. I like the fact that he caught two td's.

http://www.nfl.com/players/johnkuhn/profile?id=KUH609436

Sorry got my facts screwed up.

Well since we have $26 million in cap room lets sign him to a 6 year $48 mill contract. I mean we gotta spend that money somehow. Look at the Bucs, signing Michael Clayton to a $25 mill deal.

I think the coaching staff thinks they can get the type of production out of him that he gave as a rookie. The guy is 6 foot 4 and he did have one hell of a year so it is in him some where. They think they can bring it out of him!

please please please sign this guy! if we sign him i think its gonna be our biggest FA signing of the offseason! maybe coles if we get him, but he wants 6 mill....i dont see cincy paying it.

he can block and catch, big upgrade for cheap. sometimes the negativity is just too much around here. you probably wanna stick with our same TE playing FB or draft a FB in the late rounds that hasn't proven anything.

Anyone else see the new update on bengals.com that says they are having Tahi in for a visit? Hes a FB that played for the bengals in 06 in the preseason and has been on the vikings blocking for AP. Hes a RFA and if cincy offers him a contract they dont lose any picks cuz he was a free agent signing by the vikes. What do you guys think about him?

You probably wanna draft a FB in the late rounds that hasn't proven anything.

That's me.

Crazy talk. Drafting a college player to play in the pros. I mean, I've heard some doolally s**t in my time but that takes the biscuit. I bet you'd want him to get paid too huh? Jerk!

That's me.

Crazy talk. Drafting a college player to play in the pros. I mean, I've heard some doolally s**t in my time but that takes the biscuit. I bet you'd want him to get paid too huh? Jerk!

Next thing you know, I'm going to start asking for things like o-line help and *God help me*, defensive front 7 impact players.

Then again, I'm just crazy like that.

I honestly have no idea about the FB from the Vikings. I do know the fans aren't happy about the thought of losing him, so there's that. AP has gotten some pretty good yards with him blocking for him, but AP is also able to create things on his own. I'm really not sure about anything with him...

Anyone else see the new update on bengals.com that says they are having Tahi in for a visit? Hes a FB that played for the bengals in 06 in the preseason and has been on the vikings blocking for AP. Hes a RFA and if cincy offers him a contract they dont lose any picks cuz he was a free agent signing by the vikes. What do you guys think about him?

I thought he was pretty good during the preseason that year. I believe he had a TD catch, as well. It's amazing how many players that we give up on that end up doing better in other places, but I'm sure it's probably that way for other teams, as well.

That's me.

Next thing you know, I'm going to start asking for things like o-line help and *God help me*, defensive front 7 impact players.

Then again, I'm just crazy like that.

I honestly have no idea about the FB from the Vikings. I do know the fans aren't happy about the thought of losing him, so there's that. AP has gotten some pretty good yards with him blocking for him, but AP is also able to create things on his own. I'm really not sure about anything with him...

Honestly, as long as we get an actual, honest-to-goodness FB in before camp starts, we'll have improved that spot on the team a 1000%. If they're a good FB then so much the better.

we need a FB extremely bad for our offense to click like we want it to.

another option just arose, not sure if we have the money any longer, but Mike Karney was just released by the Saints....he'd be awesome to have.

we need a FB extremely bad for our offense to click like we want it to.

another option just arose, not sure if we have the money any longer, but Mike Karney was just released by the Saints....he'd be awesome to have.

I saw a lot of Mike Karney out here when he played at Arizona State (I have season tickets). That would be a good pickup. The guy is tough.

Karney is a bowling ball. Decent blocker and from what I've seen of the Saints, he has very good hands.

Karney is a very good player but there are several quality FB's still available through free agency. I like Justin Griffith, too. He's probably not the lead blocker that Karney is but he is certainly above-average and more consistent than our current FB/TE. He is also an excellent receiver and was a good runner when he played for the Falcons. He was their starting FB when they set the rushing record and we could use him like the Ravens use McClain.

Surprising, the top FB in Leonard Weaver is still out there. Terrelle Smith could also help.