Do arrogant coaches annoy you too?

Which NFL Coach is more full of himself?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFL Coach is more full of himself?

• Brian Billick
    • Mike Martz
    • Mike Shannahan
    • Tom Coughlin

Vote away!!!

I've got to go with Billick. He takes shots at us indirectly as witness in the new Pro Football weekly annual...He throws deep up by 30 late in the 4th quarter, but for an offensive mind, he sure has ridden the coattails of Marvin Lewis and Ozzie Newsome to success. Have the Ravens ever had a top 10 offense? Maybe the success in Min. was due to a couple of guys you may or may not have heard of named Chris Carter and Randy Moss??? I could be wrog though.... more likely not!

:player:

Here's to smashing his team twice this year and ruining the year for him and his buddy Jim Fassel.

Who-Dey!

:player: :angry: :player:

I think they are all very good coaches. I mean Billick won a Super Bowl as did Shanahan twice. Then you have Martz who was on the coaching staff during the Rams Super Bowl win; and I'm sure he didn't sit on his hands during this, he was still a major part of it. He also went to another Super Bowl and his teams still win (12-4 last year, how quickly we forget).

I would say Coughlin is the least successful coaches, but he had some GREAT seasons down in Jacksonville. But I would pick him only because he hasn't really earned his right to be arrogent.

I think every coach has every right to be full of themselves, so I guess the question after that is which coach has the least right to be full of himself. I would go with Spurrier, but he's not a choice anymore I guess.

In his day, I couldn't stand Madden. I like him well enough now, but I really hated him then. Dennis Green aggravates the hell out of me as did Butty Ryan before him. Didn't / don't like either of them.

Parcells is about as arrogant as you get .... and he just cracks me up.

Got to go to baseball for my all time worst haters.

Valentine ............... wanted to smack him as soon as I saw his mug on tv

Tony La Russa ...... his own biggest believer in his " genius ".

You can tell this is a Bungles' Fans Webboard because Billick is a good head coach. The guy that should definitely get this vote is Mike SMartz. This bonehead is the reason why the Rams won only ONE Super Bowl in the last 5 years.

His team should have WAYYYYYYYY more Super Bowl rings than that!!! WITH THAT TALENT?????

I can't see why this idiot IS so cocky. He's lucky he's coaching a team AS TALENTED as the Rams are and not the 49ers, right now.

How "smart" is Mike Martz???

1. In an Overtime, Mike Martz elected to kick a 52-yard FG instead of punting the ball to play a game of attrition--thus, pinning the opponent deep in their own territory. The opposing team gets the ball on their own 42, and shoves the ball down his throat for the win.

2. In the same game, Mark Bulger is clearly struggling. Why not try Kurt Warner???

3. PASS HAPPY MIKE tries to make a 1st year starter Mark Bulger into a Kurt Warner prototype. Bulger throws 22 INTs during the season.

4. Marshall Faulk has been one of the most mis-used players in the NFL, due to Martz' pass-happy offense. It's such a shame, really.

5. SMartz' Philosophy: Who cares about Defense when you have that much Offensive FirePower???

6. "One FG Kicker??? Who cares, kickers never get hurt..." (Martz got lucky on this one)

7. One game I was watching when the Rams were playing an important game against the Saints with playoff implications--Kurt Warner was clearly struggling. The AINTS couldn't stop anyone on the ground. So, instead of handing the ball off to Marshall, SMARTZ kept passing. Here are Marshall's final numbers:

7 Carries, 70 Yards, 10 YARDS PER CARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUH, MIKE!!! HAND THE f**king BALL OFF!!!! EVER HEARD OF A RUNNING GAME??? OBVIOUSLY, MARTZ DOESN'T.

Good clock management is the secret to success in football, ya idiot. Control the clock, you win. Simple equation--football 101 style that Mike Martz must have skipped over.

There's 7 reasons why Mike Martz should be #1 on this list. This a**h*** totally pisses me off, and I'm not a friggin' fan of the St. Louis Rams. Just seeing a team get badly railroaded by their own coach is truly disturbing. It's like having Mike Brown as a Owner/President/GM.

We all can relate to that.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Had to go with Martz. No matter how much Brian Billick is overhyped I know that Marvin Lewis was the real "Mean" to their meaningful SuperBowl season in 2000.

Martz however, gets way too much pub, and should be seen more as the reason why the Rams haven't won another superbowl rather as a coach that still wins !

* Look at the talent from top to bottom that Vermeil left Martz with. Despite what few holes the team had that Martz could have addressed with the draft, however, citing his own " genius " let draft after draft go by without addressing serious team needs.

Interview after Interview he actually praised what he'd done, only to watch it backfire on the field. Warner probably wouldn't have taken the punishment he did threw 2000-2002 if Martz would have gotten off of his high-horse and gave him some o-line help! And I mean more than bringing in 'head-case" Kyle Turley!

Rams draft examples ..

1. The 2000 draft - Rams needs were offensive tackles and guards - so he drafts Trung Canidate only to bounce him 2 years later, now he's looking for a new team after being cut by the Redskins. - Martz passed on Todd Wade, Chad Clifton, and Cosey Coleman !

2001. - Needing defensive help and having 3 first round draft picks. Instead of moving up to get upper tier defensive lineman Justin Smith, Marcus Stroud, and Richard Seymour. He stays put reaches for Damione Lewis over Stroud and Ryan Pickett from OSU, who wasn't supposed to be drafted until day 2 ! Neither Pickett or Lewis have contributed, and continue to be backups.

2002. - Needing offensive line and cornerbacks - He reaches for Travis Fisher in round 2, and drafts Eric Crouch to play wr in round 3.

2003. - Word is still out , but first rounder Jimmy Kennedy DT, from Penn state, ate his signing bonus and was inactive for most of the year.

If Bulger struggles this year, and they're forced to play Chandler, look for Martzerella' to finally lose his glass slipper !

Had to go with Martz. No matter how much Brian Billick is overhyped I know that Marvin Lewis was the real "Mean" to their meaningful SuperBowl season in 2000.

Martz however, gets way too much pub, and should be seen more as the reason why the Rams haven't won another superbowl rather as a coach that still wins !

* Look at the talent from top to bottom that Vermeil left Martz with. Despite what few holes the team had that Martz could have addressed with the draft, however, citing his own " genius " let draft after draft go by without addressing serious team needs.

Interview after Interview he actually praised what he'd done, only to watch it backfire on the field. Warner probably wouldn't have taken the punishment he did threw 2000-2002 if Martz would have gotten off of his high-horse and gave him some o-line help! And I mean more than bringing in 'head-case" Kyle Turley!

Rams draft examples ..

1. The 2000 draft - Rams needs were offensive tackles and guards - so he drafts Trung Canidate only to bounce him 2 years later, now he's looking for a new team after being cut by the Redskins. - Martz passed on Todd Wade, Chad Clifton, and Cosey Coleman !

2001. - Needing defensive help and having 3 first round draft picks. Instead of moving up to get upper tier defensive lineman Justin Smith, Marcus Stroud, and Richard Seymour. He stays put reaches for Damione Lewis over Stroud and Ryan Pickett from OSU, who wasn't supposed to be drafted until day 2 ! Neither Pickett or Lewis have contributed, and continue to be backups.

2002. - Needing offensive line and cornerbacks - He reaches for Travis Fisher in round 2, and drafts Eric Crouch to play wr in round 3.

2003. - Word is still out , but first rounder Jimmy Kennedy DT, from Penn state, ate his signing bonus and was inactive for most of the year.

If Bulger struggles this year, and they're forced to play Chandler, look for Martzerella' to finally lose his glass slipper !

Man--GOOD CALL, CHRISH!!! I forgot to add all those idiotic draft picks like Eric CROTCH!!!!!

What a bonehead Mike Martz is.