Slash a Raven

Stewart joining Ravens

The former University of Colorado QB, eager to play for Baltimore, sticks around until deal is done.

By The Associated Press

Kordell Stewart agreed to a one-year contract Wednesday with the Baltimore Ravens, who plan to put the quarterback to work immediately.

Stewart will receive the league minimum $760,000 to replace the injured Anthony Wright as the backup to Kyle Boller. Stewart, who played at the University of Colorado, visited the Ravens' training complex in Owings Mills, Md., on Tuesday and stayed in the area, hopeful an agreement could be reached.

The final details were settled early Wednesday evening, Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. Stewart will participate today during the final session of a two-day passing camp.

"He will be here (today) and will be on the practice field," Newsome said. "He stayed over, which was his commitment. He wanted to be a Raven."

Stewart was hired to back up Boller and aid in the tutelage of the second-year pro, but there's also a chance the former Pittsburgh Steelers standout will be called upon to play.

"The history of quarterbacks getting injured in this league is incredible. He is one injury away from starting the first game against Cleveland," Newsome said. "That's just the nature of our business. It's good that we can have a person that has a veteran presence, one who has been in that situation and someone we have a history with."

Stewart played eight years with the rival Steelers before enduring one rocky season in Chicago last year.

Boller and Stewart were the two lowest-rated starting quarterbacks in the NFL last year. Boller had a 62.4 rating and Stewart was at 56.8 before losing the starting job to rookie Rex Grossman.

"I used to watch Kordell when he was at Pittsburgh; he's a veteran," Boller said. "Hopefully he'll be able to help me out and I'll be able to help him out."

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,3...2188615,00.html

Let's hope we see plenty of him this season.

Boller and Stewart were the two lowest-rated starting quarterbacks in the NFL last year. Boller had a 62.4 rating and Stewart was at 56.8 before losing the starting job to rookie Rex Grossman.

Pure genius to have the worst available QBs running the show.

Slash won't bail out the Birds the way Wright did last year.

He does always give the Bengals fits though, whether he's on the up or down cycle in his career...

He should have stuck with punting...

I would sure love to see Kevin Hardy bury him and Boller in the same spot of the 15 yard line @ PBS....RIP...Caw-Caw-Caw

98 days until kickoff....

I could go for some preseason action right now or at least some training camp every day...I need them to put the pads on and start hitting!!!!

:player: :angry: :player:

He does always give the Bengals fits though, whether he's on the up or down cycle in his career...

Yea, I honestly think that we should be a little more attentive to this. I understand everyone here hates Kordell, but he's put on some good performances against us. Hopefully they'll have Boller in there, at least we won when he was the starter.

Yea, I honestly think that we should be a little more attentive to this. I understand everyone here hates Kordell, but he's put on some good performances against us. Hopefully they'll have Boller in there, at least we won when he was the starter.

Yes, we beat Boller, but he still put up more than 300 yds on us. Keep in mind that Stewart had some good performances against the OLD Bengals. This is the new era, and I don't think you can compare the two. To the new era Bengals, Stewart is just another below-average qb who isn't even half the qb he was when he was beating us. What he did to us in the past doesn't really matter, unless your superstitious about these kinds of things. I'd much rather see Slash play against us than Boller...although they both pretty much suck.

I'd much rather see Slash play against us than Boller...although they both pretty much suck.

I think it's unfair to say Boller sucks. He had one season in which to perform and towards the end of it, he got hurt. He's also in a very complexed system that a rookie takes time to understand. Would you say the same if Palmer had a bad first year? Probably not.

Heck we Ravens fans hate kordell!

That being said, he will only be keeping the clipboard warm for wright when he comes back in october and either way Billick always gets the most out of his/our s**te quarterbacks.

While on paper, it looks awful that we have the two lowest rated passers, let's not forget what running game, defense, and special teams we have.

Besides Boller was only a rook last year and while everyone (non Ravens fan) I know thinks he is garbage I would argue the opposite.

I can argue until Im blue in the face but the last two things ill say are that

1 - Boller burned you guys for 300 when everyone knew we had to throw...

2 - Wright was complete garbage before he came to Baltimore and he took us to the playoffs.

Our "profile" doesn't require our qbs to play as well as Kitna did last season...

I'd much rather see Slash play against us than Boller...although they both pretty much suck.

I think it's unfair to say Boller sucks. He had one season in which to perform and towards the end of it, he got hurt. He's also in a very complexed system that a rookie takes time to understand. Would you say the same if Palmer had a bad first year? Probably not.

My point was that I'd rather see Kordell, than Boller, meaning that Boller is the better qb of the two. I said the Boller "pretty much sucks." After all, he was the second worst rated qb in the league last year, and I am a Bengals fan. He'll get better (maybe), and when he does, he won't suck anymore. But for now...sucks. You're point about Carson is a valid one. Personally, I wouldn't say he sucks if he has a bad first year. But there are plenty of posters on this board who would. Now if he were to put up Klingler numbers and be the sole cause for all of our losses, that would be a different story, and I would say that he sucks.

My point was that I'd rather see Kordell, than Boller, meaning that Boller is the better qb of the two. I said the Boller "pretty much sucks." After all, he was the second worst rated qb in the league last year

That's a fair point.

...and I am a Bengals fan

No one ever doubted that and I'm not picking on you, but no one here should be forced to say "I'm a Bengals fan", I've seen this a ton of times before hence my reason for bringing it up. I love football of all kinds. If any NFL game is on TV, I'm watching it. If the Bengals are on, then I watch them first (or I'm at the game). If they are not, then I'll watch any game with any team (including the Browns, Ravens, and Steelers).

I will give props to any team if I see fit, they don't have to be the Bengals. And I will rip the Bengals just as hard as any team for doing stupid moves; read up on the KBLOGs.

Now if he were to put up Klingler numbers and be the sole cause for all of our losses, that would be a different story, and I would say that he sucks.

Yea, I think we'd all anonymously agree. :lol::lol: