Who were all of the Bengals causing trouble?

walzav29

This is way out of hand. Who were all of the guys going crazy at the club? How long is Palmer going to be surrounded by idiots? When CJ and TJ were talking last night they implied that things are wrong "inside" of the organization. What is it? NFL radio says that Marv is playing this Chad thing smart, so it won't lower his value. Can't they tell Chad to shut up before the draft? I've never seen anything like this before. This is not a CJ thread. It's a what dummies were at the club thread.

If there were no arrests made and it is simply a case of damaging some property by drunk players, I have to ask whether it should really rise to this level of concern. I've already seen the thread calling to cut Chris Perry because he was there and I just don't think this is really a big deal. Unless Chris Henry was there and arrested in the same 24 hour span of time, I'm not sure that any of us ever hears about this occurring. In fact, I might go so far as to suggest that some Bengals getting liquored up in a VIP room and causing damage to it is pretty much the way most players from teams blow off steam. I didn't see anything about anybody carrying a gun, hitting anybody, or anything of that nature. Absent some arrests, this is a case of rich guys having to pay for property damage. Happens every ten minutes.

(Of course, my scenario absolutely requires that there's a driver getting them all home. In this day and age it doesn't pay to be driving drunk -- especially when you're a millionaire.)

If you're shocked that NFL players are getting drunk and crazy in a club you're not living in reality. How is this any different than a sales meeting that gets out of hand and some stuff gets broken? You pay for the damage, sleep off your hangover and move on.

Why is it that we are losing our appreciation for the difference between "real" bad stuff and rich guys doing kinda stupid vaguely irresponsible stuff. Face it -- if you're rich you can break stuff and then pay for it and everything is cool.

Last thing -- Chad's doing too many incomprehensible radio and tv interviews to have any time for hanging out with his teammates. I would doubt he's within 500 miles of Cincy. Also, everything I've seen about him says that he doesn't drink - so I would be real surprised. I think Barney Fife just got a little excited about responding to a scene where there were some Bengals players.

If there were no arrests made and it is simply a case of damaging some property by drunk players, I have to ask whether it should really rise to this level of concern. I've already seen the threat calling to cut Chris Perry because he was there and I just don't think this is really a big deal. Unless Chris Henry was there and arrested in the same 24 hour span of time, I'm not sure that any of us ever hears about this occurring. In fact, I might go so far as to suggest that some Bengals getting liquored up in a VIP room and causing damage to it is pretty much the way most players from teams blow off steam. I didn't see anything about anybody carrying a gun, hitting anybody, or anything of that nature. Absent some arrests, this is a case of rich guys having to pay for property damage. Happens every ten minutes.

(Of course, my scenario absolutely requires that there's a driver getting them all home. In this day and age it doesn't pay to be driving drunk -- especially when you're a millionaire.)

If you're shocked that NFL players are getting drunk and crazy in a club you're not living in reality. How is this any different than a sales meeting that gets out of hand and some stuff gets broken? You pay for the damage, sleep off your hangover and move on.

Why is it that we are losing our appreciation for "real" bad stuff and rich guys doing kinda stupid vaguely irresponsible stuff. Face it -- if you're rich you can break stuff and then pay for it and everything is cool.

Last thing -- Chad's doing too many incomprehensible radio and tv interviews to have any time for hanging out with his teammates. I would doubt he's within 500 miles of Cincy. Also, everything I've seen about him says that he doesn't drink - so I would be real surprised. I think Barney Fife just got a little excited about responding to a scene where there were some Bengals players.

Before all this hoopla is over half the team will be said to have been there... Even Reggie Kelly!! Anyways I agree that people do drink and get goofey every now and then.. Even rich football players... Anyone remember the Oakland Raiders of the 70's?? Or North Dallas Forty?? Henry got what he deserved, :wacko: lets move on...

What is disturbing is how stupid can these M-F-ers be? With Princess Chad playing his games, it is more important than ever to keep Henry clean. It is beyond me how any player on that team can possibly think it is ok to get smashed in public with Henry. If you want to hang out with Henry, let him get drunk in your basement and beat up your cat!

I am now positive that Marvin Lewis has no idea how to manage professional athletes. Yeah, I know they're grown men...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. But, what HC doesn't tell every player that they are gone if they get drunk with Cheech Henry? I am fine with Henry being gone, but how can supposed veterans let this happen? I can recall no team in any sport that needs a leader more than the Cincinnati Bengals.

Trade up, draft Dorsey and turn the LR over to him. Trade our little princess after June 1st and let him be reunited with Henry in Oakland. This team needs to rebuild NOW. On any other team, Marvin would be on thin ice. I thought they were dangerously close to slipping into the Bengaldom that we are all too familiar with. This proves they are a lot closer than any of us wants to admit.

Wow. Are you guys hiring? Our meetings are nowhere near that much fun.

Wow. Are you guys hiring? Our meetings are nowhere near that much fun.

Add in a few 20 something guys who just made bonus - mix liberally - see what happens.