I like Marvin's attidude

WhoDey93285

I hate to start another Chad thread...

but in light of Marvin's recent comments, I must say that I am very impressed and very happy with the way the Bengals organization is handling this situation. I say good for the Bengals. Too many times yuo see a player like Chad get all bitchy and moany, and it seems like the team ALWAYS gives in and gives said player a new contract. The Bengals are standing firm in their stance and not giving into Chad's demands. I think that's awesome, and really isn't something you see all that much, especially with a player of Chad's caliber. I love how Marvin is basically daring Chad to sit out or even retire.

Chad tried playing hardball thinking he was going push everyone over to get to a big pay-day, but Marvin and the Bengals aren't having any of it. I love it. :cheers:

I think he is handling the offseason great. He's not taking any crap, and is going to transform this into a tougher team. By the way, the NFL Network had a special last night about the worst teams of all time, and wouldn't you know it the 90's!!!!!!!!!! Bengals made it. Not a specific year, but the whole decade. Let's not forget the bad old days. Marvin has an agenda this year. The question is with his new commitment to the running game, will they go RB, OL with the 1st pick or still defense? I still love Marv!

That's what I mean. He seems to have a real different demeaner this offseason. There isn't so much, "That's our business" Bascially he's not as evasive. I love it, and I'm glad the Bengals are being overlooked. As the Browns will find out, things change when you're wearing the target.

I loved his most recent interview. He was about as direct and open as you could possibly expect him to be. They weren't his typical "Chad is a Bengal, next question?" responses that I've come to expect.

Yes, it's about time! Marv's saying that the team is ready to move on if Chad sits out, even though he won't be traded. He's saying that the team doesn't revolve around Chad. Its time to do work. :cheers:

I love it, even though I love Chad... You see it too much these days with these players. I love what MB is doing, he's not affraid to stand up that's for sure.
MB has never been afraid to stand up for what he thinks is right... I can respect a person for that, whether they are right or wrong... As for Chad, he can rot in hell for all I give a schitt..

I'll bet Marvin breaks out the "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....OK who's with me???? " speech for training camp.

I sense that he has reached the end of his rope with Chad. The telling statement is when he says how people (Brown family) inside of the organiation think dfferently about Chad now, as if to say, I've been telling you guys but you didn't believe me.

Hopefully Marvin will use this to his advantage and rally the guys from the beginning of camp.

My only criticism is it's been too long in coming. The Bengals gave Chad three full months to vent in what I believe was a mistaken belief that Chad's "internal editor" would finally kick in and he would return to the fold.

Well that's not happening.

At least not yet.

And if it does happen in the coming days and weeks I believe strongly it never would have if Marvin continued to cling to the nice guy act. All that does is allow Chad to believe he truly does control the media and the way the story is written. That's not happening now that Lewis, in a series of interviews and statements, has bluntly and openly challenged Chad to either man up or follow through on his threats to sit out a season.

Lewis is not only mocking Chad Johnson now...he's making it clear to Chad's past supporters that this is the type of unprofessional behavior they've been dealing with behind the scenes for quite some time. And for Chad the consequences of that go far beyond a mere loss of popularity. I believe his professional reputation and his dreams of eventually being elected to the Hall of Fame now hang in the balance.

Marvin Lewis remarks have finally moved the story to where it has always belonged. That being, a debate about the methods Chad Johnson is willing to use to increase his pay.

Last, I'm going to repeat my earlier complaint about Carson Palmer's refusal to respond in the same point blank manner that Lewis has finally taken. IMHO Palmer would be well served to follow in the footsteps of Bronco starting QB Jake Cutler, who recently called out Brandon Marshall in no uncertain terms. Those actions serve notice that selfish immature behavior of players like Marshall and Chad Johnson won't be silently tolerated by their fellow players and most importantly....aren't a matter to be dealt with only by men in suits.

I'll bet Marvin breaks out the "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....OK who's with me???? " speech for training camp.

Actually it was the Japanese, but anyway this team needs a fire lit up underneath it.

Guess you never watched Animal House? That was a quote from Belushi in it towards the end of the movie.

Edited by Bengalszone Billy
Formatted for YouTube

lets differentiate between ML's public comment and what private talks and discussions could have transpired.

For ML, he has been ok and only recently really addressed this issue. for Carson, I actually prefer how he has stayed above the fray, preferring not to comment versus making a public mess even messier.

when handling Chad, it appears better to let him paly the fool and take the higher ground.

My only criticism is it's been too long in coming. The Bengals gave Chad three full months to vent in what I believe was a mistaken belief that Chad's "internal editor" would finally kick in and he would return to the fold.

Or perhaps they were just letting him dig his own grave?

Marvin's last two interviews wouldn't have carried nearly this much weight and credibility without the sideshow Chad put on throughout the winter.

Actually it was the Japanese, but anyway this team needs a fire lit up underneath it.

That's just . . . sad!

Animal House should be required viewing for all BZers.

That's just . . . sad!

It's groundhog day -- this scene occurs at least once every year doesn't it?

Surely you must be kidding? No I'm not kidding and don't call me Shirley.

:sadwalk:

belushianimalhousebh9.jpg

That's just . . . sad!

Seriously, no offense to the original offender but I've seen guys lose their membership in the Fraternal Brotherhood of Men for less than that.