Draft Day Scenario

If the first 4 picks of the draft played out like this

1. Miami- Chris Long

2. St. Louis - Vernon Gholston

3. Atlanta - Jake Long or Matt Ryan

4. Oakland - Darren McFadden or Jake Long

Would you want to see the Bengals trade up to number 5 with the Chiefs to grab Dorsey or Ellis?

Do you believe the Bengals would be intersted in sacrificing a second rounder?

The more I read about St. Louis the more I believe they will take Gholston. If that happens and Chris

Long goes 1 to Miami, both Ellis and Dorsey could easily be on the board at 5.

Too many scenarios to guess-timate about. But what I do see happening is this..

1. Miami - Jake Long OT, Michigan - too much invested in Beck and too early to say he's not the future

2. Rams - Chris Long DE, Virginia - They Need a pass rusher, and would have went Jake if he was available.

3. Atlanta - Sedrick Ellis DT, USC - Atlanta has loaded up for a busy 2nd round, and their quarterback will come from there.

4. Raiders - Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas - I can't believe that Justin Fargas is their running back of the future.

5. Kansas City - Matt Ryan QB, Boston College - They sent the Head coach,& the offensive coaches to see his workout.

6. Jets - Vernon Gholston DE, Ohio St. - Draft is deep at Defensive tackle, but not at premier defensive ends.

7. Patriots - Derrick Harvey DE, Florida - He was originally a 245 lb. OLB, and that's where he'll return.

8. Ravens - Leodis McKelvin CB, Troy St. - The pats have loaded up on 2nd tier free agent corners, but the Ravens haven't!

9. Bengals - Glenn Dorsey DT, LSU - The Bengals will either benefit from Dorsey's injury concerns, or they will trade down to either.

1. Carolina - They really like Mendenhall, and would make the deal to move up to get him.

2. Minnesota - The Vikings will be desperate to land an upper echelon end if Harvey is there at 9, and Merling now hurt.

3. Dallas - They offer a lot of things to happen.....Trading up for McFadden, or making a trade for Chad !

But then again,.... what do I know.. :sure:

If the first 4 picks of the draft played out like this

1. Miami- Chris Long

2. St. Louis - Vernon Gholston

3. Atlanta - Jake Long or Matt Ryan

4. Oakland - Darren McFadden or Jake Long

Would you want to see the Bengals trade up to number 5 with the Chiefs to grab Dorsey or Ellis?

Do you believe the Bengals would be intersted in sacificing a second rounder?

The more I read about St. Louis the more I believe they will take Gholston. If that happens and Chris

Long goes 1 to Miami, both Ellis and Dorsey could easily be on the board at 5.

No, No, NO! In the deepest draft in years, with dozens of quality players available, you'd give up a 2nd rounder for a smallish DT or an under-tackle with a history of leg injuries?

How certain are you that Ellis and Dorsey will be THE difference-maker for our D?

Are either of them worth, say, a Kieth Rivers AND a Dre Moore? A Ryan Clady AND a Jerod Mayo(naise)? A Derrick Harvey AND a Reggie Smith?

Or, if we trade down with Carolina, Chicago, Minnesota, or Dallas - our options truly increase - you'd be equating Ellis or Dorsey with Quentin Groves AND Lawrence Jackson AND Trevor Laws, or something similar.

Too many good players that the Bengals need now and in the future to trade up.

Anyway, I suspect one of them will be there at pick #9. The only teams that might take them are the Falcons, Raiders, and Chiefs - and they will be targeting Ryan, McFadden, and Jake Long if Chris Long and Vernon Gholston are already gone. No worries.

History Lesson -

Does anybody remember the Jets trading up to pick #4 to grab Dewayne Robertson, a can't miss prospect that some were saying the Bengals should have grabbed instead of Carson? They gave up two 1st rounders (#13 and #22) plus a 4th rounder - those picks became Ty Warren (NE), Rex Grossman (CHI), and Assante Samuels (NE).

Does anybody still want to trade up ??? :rolleyes: