Football background

Thurmanation

Just wondering what experiance you guy have playing football in the past (probably most of us have some).

i've got 7 years

rep when i was 12 - 14 playing NT and RG

High-school from 14 - 18 (My school never had a JV team so in gr 9 i played on Varsity team)

backup DE/NT in gr. 9

back up LB in gr. 10

starting outside LB in a 3-4 in gr. 11

and starting middle/strong inside linebacker in our 3-4, 4-3, and 4-4 D and starting power back (goal line RB) in gr. 12 and won Defensive player of the year.

played OVFL (Ontario Varsity Football League) when i was 17 during my off-season of high-school and my last year was last year and started OLB and came 3rd in overall tackles (losing to our DE and middle backer)

.. i had alot of looks from universities up here but didn't have the marks for them (In Canada colleges don't have a football league..not yet anyway)

During my high-school years i travelled to Ohio twice to play play against 2 different high-schools (Canton Central Catholic and cant remember the other)

i have to say you guys are some tough boys.. Our O-line had always been undersized for canadian ball and were COMPLETLY undersized against your boys. both times we were smashed... both times we travalled with about 20 - 30 players and played against your teams that looked like you had WAVES AND WAVES of players coming on, easily 80 guys on your bench lol.

Never played football... I was always the short guy who would have blown away with a good wind, so football was never a great option for me. I still wish I would have played, but I have always had a great love for playing soccer, so that was fine by me... I have always been a HUGE football fan since I was a kid though and here I am...

WHODEY !!!

I've played football (including Flag Football, lol) for about 16 years. I started pop warner when I was 8, played Safety. I played all through Junior High and Freshman in the secondary. My sophmore year I played JV as one of the starting corners. My junior year, Varsity corner, I tore crtlg/minuscus (sorry can't spell) in my knee and lost my mother the same year to Cancer. It was a really hard time and it pretty much ended school ball for me (I also played Baseball). I ended up dropping out because my high school wouldn't let me finish my senior year. My Dad wasn't a resident of the city, so I had no choice. Either go to an inner-city, urban school, or drop out and work. I got my G.E.D. at 17, without even studying... In the meantime I rehabbed my knee and played some more summer ball (softball) and joined a Flag Football team.... I just couldn't give up the sports that I loved, this is the next best thing. I'm 24 and I still play these sports, which have actually taken my to a lot of places... I probably wasn't good enough to make it to college playing football, I didn't have 4.4 speed. Baseball, I often wonder???

A LOT of my teamates went to colleges across the country. One played at Vanderbilt, as a starting OL Right Tackle with Jay Cutler, Ryan and Jay are still good friends. Another went to Tennesse, one to Akron, another to Tiffin, Findlay, ect... E.J. Underwood, a friend of mine, played some Corner at Ohio State... I once got burned by Chris Carter's nephew during a JV football game. He played for Middletown. He got me on a fade route in the endzone. He was 6'5", I was 5'11". He made it look easy, plus the ball was thrown perfect by the QB.

I've been around sports my whole life. My grandfather was a huge fan of High School sports. He was such a dedicated fan, he became part of the Boosters Club. He took my cousin (who played college Basketball at Miami, and he's now also the #1 WR in the tri-state Flag Football District) and I to thousands of Varsity Basketball, Football, Baseball, Soccer, ect games throughout our childhood. He raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for the city school, through his network of boosters. He was so good at raising money, that his name is permanently attached to the football scoreboard, a city landmark, as Hall of Fame... He was the most postivie influence in my life. He NEVER missed one of our games from T-Ball to Varsity Football, he was always right there.

Just wondering what experiance you guy have playing football in the past (probably most of us have some).

i've got 7 years

rep when i was 12 - 14 playing NT and RG

High-school from 14 - 18 (My school never had a JV team so in gr 9 i played on Varsity team)

backup DE/NT in gr. 9

back up LB in gr. 10

starting outside LB in a 3-4 in gr. 11

and starting middle/strong inside linebacker in our 3-4, 4-3, and 4-4 D and starting power back (goal line RB) in gr. 12 and won Defensive player of the year.

played OVFL (Ontario Varsity Football League) when i was 17 during my off-season of high-school and my last year was last year and started OLB and came 3rd in overall tackles (losing to our DE and middle backer)

.. i had alot of looks from universities up here but didn't have the marks for them (In Canada colleges don't have a football league..not yet anyway)

During my high-school years i travelled to Ohio twice to play play against 2 different high-schools (Canton Central Catholic and cant remember the other)

i have to say you guys are some tough boys.. Our O-line had always been undersized for canadian ball and were COMPLETLY undersized against your boys. both times we were smashed... both times we travalled with about 20 - 30 players and played against your teams that looked like you had WAVES AND WAVES of players coming on, easily 80 guys on your bench lol.

I agree, Ohio is considered by many to be the new Top State in High School Football, even better than Texas and California.

Oh yeah, BTW. I love the sport so much and I love being around it, I actually officiate school football. I'm an NFHS official. I get the best seat in the house. Another 2 years and I'll be doing Varsity games! If you love the game, this is definiately another perspective of the game that one should consider. Its a blast, plus you get paid anywhere from $33-$60 per game.