Calais Campbell

Word out of the Miami (FLA.) pro day was that Calais Campbell was 10 lbs heavier than his combine workout, and 2 steps slower.

He weighed in over 305 lbs. and ran about 5.10 in the 40.

I know this isn't a good sign to see a guy's weight go up and down like this during the workouts, but If we could land a DT in the first round,

There's a real possibility that Campbell slips to round 2. I personally would like to see him in stripes. For a big man, he still gets around edge and his height and 8 foot wingspan make it hard not to want him on the field goal block team!!

:D:D

You're saying he's ten pounds heavier than he was seven days ago?

So how does that saying go?

"There's a lot of quit in that boy."

Maybe because of his slower than expected 40 times he's no longer a defensive end, maybe he's being pushed to defensive tackle to push his value up the draft boards because he would then be a 4-3 defensive tackle or end, but in a 3-4 he's a sure fire end.???

Mike Mayock has said on several different occassions he expected Campbell to outgrow De and move inside. At 6'7 310 he would be an intriguing prospect for a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT. If the Big 4DL are gone at 9 and McFadden falls I am hoping Dallas will dial up the Bengals and offer the 22nd and 28th picks in Rd 1.