Chad Johnson

El Tigere

love the guy.

but he is an idiot.

marvin lewis' one regret over corey dillon was that he couldnt get him to buy into the fact that they had an organization with the potential of being a super bowl team...

hes going to say that again if CJ leaves. his last interview on NFL Network made it OBVIOUS that he doesn't buy into anything the franchise is doing.

marriuci: "you could be here this time next year"

CJ: "Who.. us? pfff"

chad made it clear that he wants to win and for whatever reason he doesnt think Cincinnati even has the talent to win any more

marriuci: this is a building team

CJ: how can we be building when we were 11-5 two years ago and regressed since then.

Coincidentally that 11-5 season ended with CJ fighting the coaches in the lockerroom in the middle of a game.... that get this.....they were winning!

How ironic is it that it has almost all been downhill from there. Players started getting arrested. You started hearing more and more about selfishness. Not to say it's Chads fault by any stretch but you can also argue that's the event that got the ball rolling.

The management here is horrible there is no doubt about that. But when you're best player can't control himself it's only a matter of time until that starts trickling down to the lesser members of the team.

You need leaders to win in professional sports not egotystical cry babies. If by some miracle they can get a first round pick for CJ i'll drive him to the airport.

CJ isn't the cause of the general malaise the Bengals have fallen into. He's a product of a franchise with no real direction. Sure, the players have to play a part in forging a team identity but the whole ethos of the organisation should be derived from the FO and coaching staff. Chad isn't helping matters but WRs aren't generally expected to set the tone for an entire franchise either. Chad dropping passes and not giving a s**t sometimes is something that is not exclusive to him. Many, far more important people in the grand scheme of things do little to show they care all that much either at times.

Chad stays, Chad goes. Very little will change in the short term, imo.

A fight in the locker room would in no way effect a properly focused team/franchise/whatever from the long term goal of winning a championship.

He should STFU though and any player in the draft represented by Rosenturd should be stricken from our draft board.

love the guy.

but he is an idiot.

marvin lewis' one regret over corey dillon was that he couldnt get him to buy into the fact that they had an organization with the potential of being a super bowl team...

hes going to say that again if CJ leaves. his last interview on NFL Network made it OBVIOUS that he doesn't buy into anything the franchise is doing.

chad made it clear that he wants to win and for whatever reason he doesnt think Cincinnati even has the talent to win any more

CJ: how can we be building when we were 11-5 two years ago and regressed since then.

Building team? There shouldn't be one member here in the zone that would agree with what mooch says here. How can you argue or hate Chad for making this statement?

This is the way Marvin talks in every interview. He makes it seem as if we're a "building team". That is the one thing I hate about him (and it was actually my Brother-in-law from Detroit who pointed this out to me). There is no reason why this team shouldn't be in the playoffs.

love the guy.

but he is an idiot.

Building team? There shouldn't be one member here in the zone that would agree with what mooch says here. How can you argue or hate Chad for making this statement?

This is the way Marvin talks in every interview. He makes it seem as if we're a "building team". That is the one thing I hate about him (and it was actually my Brother-in-law from Detroit who pointed this out to me). There is no reason why this team shouldn't be in the playoffs.

You are contradicting yourself...if it wasn't a building team then why should it be in the playoffs? Every time you hear anyone asked about the Bengals they all say it is a team with a lot of talent but just doesn't seem focused on what they need to get done to win.

love the guy.

but he is an idiot.

You are contradicting yourself...if it wasn't a building team then why should it be in the playoffs? Every time you hear anyone asked about the Bengals they all say it is a team with a lot of talent but just doesn't seem focused on what they need to get done to win.

The past two seasons were lost because of coaching/management issues, NOT personnell. They let Steiny go and failed to bring in a decent LB and/or Dlineman... Again we're not a rebuilding team, this is a playoff team. Detroit is building, Arizona and Tennesee are building. San Franciso is rebuilding. Washington and Miami are rebuilding. The Jets and Panters are building. That's 25% of the league that we're better than. That doesn't even include your Atl's and Oakland's... We have/had the tools to be a playoff team CONSISTANTLY (key word). Chad wants to win, I want to win... CONSISTANTLY.

Just watched the video and he is a complete idiot.

He is a foolish man-child. He is an attention hooo-eeer.

I am SO sick of his whining and false exasperation. It is clear that TD, Mooch and Rich see right through his shtick. They look at him like he is an ignorant moron.

He is such a prima donna.

What really galls me is the fact that he has been playing this up so much...it seems like this is an attempt to get some attention while the big stor is happening at the SB. CJ so badly wants to be seen, heard, paid attention to he just can't help himself. He craves any attention, even if it is negative attention.

I think we won't be going anywhere but my distaste for this pure garbage has reached the limit. Let him rot on the bench, even if just to send the message.

love the guy.

but he is an idiot.

The past two seasons were lost because of coaching/management issues, NOT personnell. They let Steiny go and failed to bring in a decent LB and/or Dlineman... Again we're not a rebuilding team, this is a playoff team. Detroit is building, Arizona and Tennesee are building. San Franciso is rebuilding. Washington and Miami are rebuilding. The Jets and Panters are building. That's 25% of the league that we're better than. That doesn't even include your Atl's and Oakland's... We have/had the tools to be a playoff team CONSISTANTLY (key word). Chad wants to win, I want to win... CONSISTANTLY.

yeah i never said i believed it was a building team i used that quote to show CJs frustration. its okay to be frustrated but as a fan i want CJ to stay here and actually believe that this team will be back in the future. it is a shame he doesnt think that way.

btw did anyone see that live? cause im sure that after he left they must have spoke about him and i wanna hear their reaction to how chads acting