East/West Shrine Game

kurgan74

What prospects impress you most?

1. Anthony Allridge (RB/WR/KR) from Houston looks very impressive. He seems to be the type of guy a team will take a chance on around rounds 3-5.

2. Johnathan Goff LB Vanderbilt- I have heard great things about him and he is all over the field. Possible 2nd - 4rd rounder.

3. Kendall Langford - quick and powerful DE from Hampton

I had mixed feeling about Kendall Langford. On the plus side he passes the eye test immediately, was in the opposing backfield constantly, and he flashed a variety of pass rush moves. On the down side, literally, he was quick to surrender outside containment and I felt he ended up on the ground on far too many plays. Still, that was my first opportunity to see him play and he showed very good quickness for a player of that size. He'll be one of the most interesting players to watch at the combine.

I also made sure I checked out another player I've never seen play before, OLB Curtis Johnson from tiny Clark Atlanta. Big and fairly agile he made a couple of plays in pass coverage and made an important come from behind stop on a breakaway run. Could be a late round find who earns a spot playing special teams for a year or two.

As for the players I was more familiar with, South Florida CB Trea Williams continues to impress and suprised me by supporting the run and tackling hard. Boston College SS Jamie Silva was everywhere, as he always seems to be. CB Dwight Lowrey made big plays, and gave one up too. OT Duane Brown or Virginia Tech looks like a much better player than his draft rankings would suggest. Meanwhile, OT John Greco of Toledo flat out whiffed on at least two blocks and looked slow. Finally, I hadn't watched TCU's DE Tommy Blake for quite some time and he looks heavier and more plodding than I remembered. Not sure what happened to him as the announcers didn't go into detail, mentioning only that he'd had a horrible year on and off the field.