Lewis vs. Coughlin

It will be interesting to see how Tom Coughlin does in NY rebuilding the Giants. I know I was one that was a little sceptical about Marvin Lewis when he took over rather than taking a person with a proven track record with Coughlin. Obviously Lewis was just waiting for the opportunity to shine and he has so far.

I like the parallel between Palmer and Manning being the 1st players taken in the last two drafts too. It doesn't look like Eli will have the luxury of learning from the sideline and having a guy like Kitna to learn from. I don't think the NY press or fans will be as tolerant as us, especially if he struggles.

I don't think the Giants are as bad as the Bengals were when ML took over though. They were in the Super Bowl a few years ago so they do have some talent.

The Bengals will be in NY to play the Giants on Dec. 26 during Week 15. I can't wait.

I'd say the giants are much worse than when Marvin took over. There O-line absolutely sucks, and for a rookie QB that is a disaster. They also don't have a very productive running game, so more is gonna be put on Manning....

Plus the intangables that Marvin brought to the team Coughlin doesn't have...After people work with Marvin they want to work for him again...when Coughlin finishes with people they want to be as far away from him as possible, and take every chance to rip him....That's not a good sign...Now I'm not saying that he's a bad coach, but I think he will have a hard time pulling his team together, especially under the harsh glare that is the New York media.

...when Coughlin finishes with people they want to be as far away from him as possible, and take every chance to rip him....

I heard old Colts coach Ted Marchiboda say on a radio show that Coughlin has a history too many lines in the sand as far as what players can and can't do. He also more less indicated that Coughlin has a profound lack of tolerance for any kind of humor.

As for the Ginats running attack, lets hope we get a dose of Tiki Barber. He's the best fumbler I've ever seen.

With old Bengal backup Turk Schonert as the QB coach maybe Eli will get a good head start on how to become a great career backup.

Also, the Giants O-line gets an infusion of two Browns from last year.

Dec. 26 won't come soon enough :P

I have a feeling Coach Lewis will be here for a while.....he should have a Bill Cowher type tenure....if they get rid of him, especially after all the coaches we've had here who've mucked it up....I might just stop rooting for the Bengals

It will be interesting to see how Tom Coughlin does in NY rebuilding the Giants. I know I was one that was a little sceptical about Marvin Lewis when he took over rather than taking a person with a proven track record with Coughlin. Obviously Lewis was just waiting for the opportunity to shine and he has so far.

I like the parallel between Palmer and Manning being the 1st players taken in the last two drafts too. It doesn't look like Eli will have the luxury of learning from the sideline and having a guy like Kitna to learn from. I don't think the NY press or fans will be as tolerant as us, especially if he struggles.

I don't think the Giants are as bad as the Bengals were when ML took over though. They were in the Super Bowl a few years ago so they do have some talent.

The Bengals will be in NY to play the Giants on Dec. 26 during Week 15. I can't wait.

When the Brown Family first hired Lewis, I was pissed. Now I feel that the reason the Bungles went 8-8 last year is because of GREAT COACHING.

I'm almost sure that the guy can turn s**t into gold.

I agree with the Tom Caughlin assessment--that people want to get as far away from the guy as possible after dealing with him. He must be a serious jerkoff.

Yeah, before Lewis came here, this team needed some damned discipline. At first I thought that Tom Caughlin was JUST the man for that job.

It seems that Lewis hasn't had any problems whatsoever in that aspect. Plus--he managed to get rid of some potential lockerroom cancers in CD and Spikes.

Lewis has done a very respectable job so far.

I heard old Colts coach Ted Marchiboda say on a radio show that Coughlin has a history too many lines in the sand as far as what players can and can't do. He also more less indicated that Coughlin has a profound lack of tolerance for any kind of humor.

Saw or heard an interview once where Coughlin himself said that he has a line painted at the end of the tunnel before you step onto the field. When the players cross the line, they are not permitted to do or even talk about anything that is not related to the game. So the "line " reference is literal.

And yes, it also seemed like humor was wasted on him. :ph34r:

When the Brown Family first hired Lewis, I was pissed. Now I feel that the reason the Bungles went 8-8 last year is because of GREAT COACHING.

why were you pissed? would you have rather had Mularkey or Coughlin? hell no....

Im glad another coach of color got the opportunity, lord knows he deserved it....keep up the good work Coach Lewis

When the Brown Family first hired Lewis, I was pissed.  Now I feel that the reason the Bungles went 8-8 last year is because of GREAT COACHING.

why were you pissed? would you have rather had Mularkey or Coughlin? hell no....

Im glad another coach of color got the opportunity, lord knows he deserved it....keep up the good work Coach Lewis

Hey, Office Linebacker--DID YOU READ THE WHOLE POST??? OR JUST THE FIRST LINE.

I wasn't referring to anything racially either.

I have friend that works at PBS on gamedays and he told me that when Coughlin was with the Jags, he wasn't allowed to wear sunglasses on the Jags sidelines.

And I saw where some of the Giants have filed a grievance with the NFL over some stuff that he is doing but they weren't specific about it.

Once again, thank goodness for Marvin Lewis. :player:

I have friend that works at PBS on gamedays and he told me that when Coughlin was with the Jags, he wasn't allowed to wear sunglasses on the Jags sidelines.

And I saw where some of the Giants have filed a grievance with the NFL over some stuff that he is doing but they weren't specific about it.

Once again, thank goodness for Marvin Lewis. :player:

Wow!!! Caughlin IS a pain in the ass.

Mikey made a great decision in his coach hiring--for once.

I thought of another comparison over the weekend. For continuity, Lewis had the sense to keep Kitna and make him the starter last year while Palmer learned.

Coughlin canned Kerry Collins (when he would not renegotiate) and it looks like Eli will be fed to the wolves. :lol::lol: