Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer on different teams?

Give it up....It's a business for pitys sake. Rudi is sitting with a one year contract, and Warrick is only got another 2 years on his...It's gonna be tough signing them, almost impossible to sign both, why not get something for them...The difference between Palmer and Johnson versus P-dub and Rudi is that Palmer is signed for like the next 7 years, and Chad is signed for the next 6 I think....that's a lot different than 1 and 2 years....

Besides, all these trade things are fans reporting on rumors popped up on the net not them saying it needs to be done...I for one like hearing these things cause I don't get to surf all over the place looking for this stuff....and Nobody complained when it was Dillon that wa the topic of the trade rumors.

Give it up. You have been watching too much NBA man, how many major player trades have you seen in the NFL, that involve player for player swaps? Exacty. And in the NFL you try and resign your free agents, you dont get value. Dont lecture on a topic you have little if any knowledge on. When you try and win championships like this team is trying to do this year you dont sell of parts of the ship. You build not subtract, we need veterans like Rudi, and Peter to win games, not draft picks and disgruntled Corners. I can understand how Bengals fans dont know how to build championships teams, hell its hard to remember back that far, but it doesnt start by auctioning off everything to the highest bidder. Im sure people did find these rumors on other sights, just like this sight where he made a post about trading CJ and Palmer, doesnt mean there is a damn bit of reality behind it. Seriously when talking about football trades after draft day? forget it they dont happen in this leagu, same as midseason trades they just rarely if ever happen, exspecially big name players. So stop getting on forums and saying how this will happen and its for the best and we need value. Its fun to speculate about trades, but its pointless to say its a reality when it wont happen, Dillon was a horse of another character as well, ihe asked to be traded and needed to be.

Jesus you guys, freakin relax... No one is saying they want to see these guys get traded or even think it's a good idea for Christ's sake. Like the Rudi rumor, it's just that, a rumor. I pulled it from another website (that I gave reference to) and if nothing else, gave us something to discuss and ponder while there is very little else going on at this time. If it hurts your widdle feelings (note baby voice) to see your favorite player named in a rumor, get over it. It's a business people, S**T happens, and if the deal was right, don't doubt for a minute it wouldn't happen. Oh well, was just trying to give you guys something to bitch about... Mission complete !!!

WHODEY !!! :P:D:P

I dont think anyones feelings got hurt. Allthough sports journalism is my job I may take this too seriously. But really I come here to talk s**t about Pittsburg, Baltimore, and Cleveland, 3 horrible places. I dont want to discuss merits of things that wouldnt happen. But seriously can someone post somthing about Jeff Garcia, and his shall we say "appriciation for men" not theres anything wrong with it, but as Clevelands QB he is going to bear the brunt of verbal assault.

Give it up. You have been watching too much NBA man, how many major player trades have you seen in the NFL, that involve player for player swaps? Exacty. And in the NFL you try and resign your free agents, you dont get value. Dont lecture on a topic you have little if any knowledge on. When you try and win championships like this team is trying to do this year you dont sell of parts of the ship. You build not subtract, we need veterans like Rudi, and Peter to win games, not draft picks and disgruntled Corners. I can understand how Bengals fans dont know how to build championships teams, hell its hard to remember back that far, but it doesnt start by auctioning off everything to the highest bidder. Im sure people did find these rumors on other sights, just like this sight where he made a post about trading CJ and Palmer, doesnt mean there is a damn bit of reality behind it. Seriously when talking about football trades after draft day? forget it they dont happen in this leagu, same as midseason trades they just rarely if ever happen, exspecially big name players. So stop getting on forums and saying how this will happen and its for the best and we need value. Its fun to speculate about trades, but its pointless to say its a reality when it wont happen, Dillon was a horse of another character as well, ihe asked to be traded and needed to be.

Just who are you talking to?

You try to resign expensive free agents? No, that doesn't build you a championship team, you let them leave and fill their spot with someone already on the team cause you run the draft to fill in depth and develop players to be starters. I know I was only saying that if they are gonna walk, get something for them...Not put them on the block...In fact no one said anything about needing to trade those guys, only telling rumors that they heard...Then we began speculating, get you knickers out of you ass.

Give it up....It's a business for pitys sake. Rudi is sitting with a one year contract, and Warrick is only got another 2 years on his...It's gonna be tough signing them, almost impossible to sign both, why not get something for them...The difference between Palmer and Johnson versus P-dub and Rudi is that Palmer is signed for like the next 7 years, and Chad is signed for the next 6 I think....that's a lot different than 1 and 2 years....

Besides, all these trade things are fans reporting on rumors popped up on the net not them saying it needs to be done...I for one like hearing these things cause I don't get to surf all over the place looking for this stuff....and Nobody complained when it was Dillon that wa the topic of the trade rumors.

i'm not doing on the fact that i'm fans of them. i doing on the fact of economics and the fact that they are not with any team malcontent and produce!

the economics side if the fact that rudi and warrick are 2 of the guys that have there names on the back of the new jersey's the bengals would be hated to trade these players this early after the jerseys come out. there's just no way. thats like building a new stadium next year.

i'm not doing on the fact that i'm fans of them. i doing on the fact of economics and the fact that they are not with any team malcontent and produce!

the economics side if the fact that rudi and warrick are 2 of the guys that have there names on the back of the new jersey's the bengals would be hated to trade these players this early after the jerseys come out. there's just no way. thats like building a new stadium next year.

Oh I agree...There's no way I'd like to see either of those fellas in any jersey but the Bengals, and you're right the team has an investment in those players...But say a team offered us a 1st and a 3rd for Rudi, could we really say no to that? Maybe now yes we could, cause a good solid running game will help our young QB more than anything else, but after this season if Perry proves that he is a good back and a team offers us a 1 and a 3 for Rudi, what do you do? Sign him and take a big chunk out of the cap, or say yes to the trade...you gotta say yes...It's not gonna happen, it's just hypothetical. We've just been examining the possabilities, like buying a lotto ticket and thinking about what you're gonna buy if you win....you're not gonna win, but at least you look at the options :D

yeah but just so ya know, rudi wil be an unrestricted free agent at the end of next year if he signs the 1year deal with us. ;)

And if that happens the odds of him not being tagged are pretty high.

you guys are getting kinda' desperate for some Bengal news aren't you.

For all intensive purposes, Cincy' will be in pretty good cap space next year. We Already tend to inherit another 5+ million in wasted cap space for money spent on Akili Smith, and Steve Foley! Plus, add another 4 million that would have went towards Dillon. Chances are, with the T.V. revenue deal about to be redone before next season , we could be talking about a salary cap jump of another 5 million!

Cincy should be well over 12 million either way !, so there is plenty to resign Rudi and Peter to long term contracts.

* The best way to deal with Rudi...- Sign him long term after the trade deadline, by then we should know if he's our long term answer or Perry is !

Nobody can say who we can or cannot sign 1 or 2 years down the road! My gut feeling is that, if Rudi and Peter both make strong contributions to our team this year, their signings will get done. We no longer have a regime that uses the salary cap as an excuse not to pay players. Marvin has proven over the last 2 off-seasons that he is more than willing to massage the numbers and make it work if there is a veteran that needs to be signed.