In Chads defense

walzav29

Does anyone feel odd blaming all of this on Chad Johnson? Considering the defense is absolutely pathetic and he makes the pro-bowl year in and year out. Not in a T.O. fashion, but in a way that is good natured. The only one that can talk to Chad is Carson. He is the only one on his level. That's it. The true heat should be applied to this defense, the DC, the Head coach, and whoever is responsible for NOT hiring a GM. Shame on all of you goof balls that want to jump on the only guy that cares so much he actually bawls after a loss. Do we prefer Dillon and Pickens types? Who pout their ways out of town? He wants to help turn this mess around, and this offense has had to bail this pathetic defense out for 5 years. Ridiculous. *** damn Ridiculous. (Normally don't cuss on here, but it is called for). Just sit and think about the big games and plays he has brought to this team. How many games has he missed due to injury? Guys are trying to kill him every week. I wish more guys played on this team with the same level of confidence. At least he walks the walk. Which is more than I can say about the defense.

I agree w/ you 100%. I have got to the point where I have stopped checking this site everyday because of everybody blaming our best and most dedicated player because he's flamboyant. Any body w/ his type of emotion is going to be fun to root for when things are going good and easy to blame when everything goes wrong like it currently is. I've seen Peyton and Harrison screw up routes together but it is not blown out of proportion because they bounce back as a team. Our offense is playing tense because they feel like they have to put up points on every single series in order to compete and that forces them to try for the longer route instead of taking what the defense gives them. Our Defense is the most pathetic defense I've seen since I've watched the Bengals and that is around 1986. Chad is not the problem and niether is Marvin but if he don't make a stand and fire our defensive coordinater, he might end up deserving the nod as well. He is scared to fire him because he don't want to fire him to early like Frazier. I guarantee that we will win at the very least, 6 out of our next 9 games and if you disagree, I will place a little wager w/ anybody that disagrees( True Zone members only). I'll take 8-8 over 2-14( record prior to Marvin) any year. I like the point that we are competitive instead of the scum of the league like the ten years prior. It sucks that we have to waste the talent of a Chad Johnson and a Carson Palmer but they are the reason we are a decent team. I would mention TJ but TJ would be nothing w/out Chad, he is not #1 material plan and simple.

The true heat should be applied to this defense, the DC, the Head coach, and whoever is responsible for NOT hiring a GM.

No doubt. And I've seen no shortage of threads devoted to just that.

I agree w/ you 100%. I have got to the point where I have stopped checking this site everyday because of everybody blaming our best and most dedicated player because he's flamboyant.

In fairness, no one here at all is blaming Chad because he's flamboyant. Some people are criticizing him for not having his head in the game, giving up on routes, and being disruptive (screaming at anyone within earshot for mistakes he makes). I think some people have gone way over the top and are putting too much blame on him, but I think he deserves some.

Personally, I think the pranks are great, and I've always defended him for that. But I can't defend him for losing his head in big games and disappearing when we need him most. I know it's because he cares, but he gets too emotionally involved and he loses his head. You can't do that if you want to win a championship.

Does anyone feel odd blaming all of this on Chad Johnson?

I almost made it through your first sentence before disagreeing with you. Nobody, especially me, has attempted to blame ALL of this on Chad Johnson. Far more accurate to say that I'm not willing to use other things as excuses for his behavior, as you seem to be doing.

Many of you seem to think the Bengals should keep ignoring this thing or that until that thing or this one is fixed first. In fact, it might be fair to assume that none of you have heard of multi-tasking.

In fairness, no one here at all is blaming Chad because he's flamboyant. Some people are criticizing him for not having his head in the game, giving up on routes, and being disruptive (screaming at anyone within earshot for mistakes he makes). I think some people have gone way over the top and are putting too much blame on him, but I think he deserves some.

Personally, I think the pranks are great, and I've always defended him for that. But I can't defend him for losing his head in big games and disappearing when we need him most. I know it's because he cares, but he gets too emotionally involved and he loses his head. You can't do that if you want to win a championship.

There it is.

And regardless of how much criticism a fan might think Chad deserves it seems obvious to me that he's never going to change unless he starts feeling more criticism cast in his direction and fewer excuses being offered in his defense.

Again, he can make all of this go away by becoming more professional, more mature, and less selfish.....all things that any player should strive for without being told, and things every fan should want.

Quote from an AP article on Chad . . .

Bengals coach Lewis hopes Johnson's mood is what's up.

"When people try to clip his wings back a little bit, I don't like that," Lewis said, referring to the criticism Johnson's drawn. "I want the guy that comes out to practice every day snorting and stomping. He brings the whole attitude up of the football team."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/20...304209350_x.htm

Mark Curnutte on Chad . . .

-- Wide receiver Chad Johnson continues to mind his manners and play it low key during the week. He's behaving. If only the defense were as productive as Chad.

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/