Skins lose communication during Pats game

Player4

If that was the case then the Patriots have to give up the same communication device that the Redskins were without. It's happened before in games.

No I believe they changed that rule because of the 49ers...Parcells said it on tv one day that whenever they played the 49ers the headsets would not work for the first 10-15 minutes. Well conveniently, the 49ers were known for scripting their first 20 plays, thusly not needing the headsets themselves and this only hurting the other team.

Wow. Another mysterious failure of the communications system between the sideline coaches and the coaches upstairs during the Pats game.

Sure. The Pats don't cheat.

I live in Washington they said the exact same thing two weeks ago at Green Bay when they lost, the local media is blasting them for bringing this up every time they lose. Stop being a hater and appreciate how the Pats are taking care of business unlike our Bengals. 52-7 and you are talking about they cheated to win, stop it you are just making yourself look dumb.

Wow. Another mysterious failure of the communications system between the sideline coaches and the coaches upstairs during the Pats game.

Sure. The Pats don't cheat.

I live in Washington they said the exact same thing two weeks ago at Green Bay when they lost, the local media is blasting them for bringing this up every time they lose. Stop being a hater and appreciate how the Pats are taking care of business unlike our Bengals. 52-7 and you are talking about they cheated to win, stop it you are just making yourself look dumb.

Well, that's the thing about a combination of arrogance and insecurity. They *did* cheat in the Jets game but we know now they didn't need to. Nixon didn't need to cheat to beat McGovern in '72 (Watergate) - he absolutely destroyed him, but felt the need to cheat anyway for some reason. It's funny sometime how psychology works. I think Belichick will exploit absolutely any edge - it's what's made him a great coach, but he never thinks "that's enough". He doesn't stop.

Additionally, as cheaters who got caught they deserve to get the questions every time something strange happens like that.

That said, the Redskins just got an old-school ass-kicking on Sunday.

I think it's bullsh*t that the Pats run up the score on everyone. Belichick says that's not what they are doing, but come on everyone can see it! He's rubbing it in the face of every team they play because of the cheating issue, even Stevie Wonder can see that.

I don't think it mattered, the Redskins got handled by the Pats just like everyone else on their schedule so far.

As far as running up the score is concerned if you don't like it then stop them from scoring, this isn't Pop Warner were you have to worry about some 9 year old's feelings. If any team doesn't like the Pats putting a texas sized ass whopping them then simply stop them, well it's not that simple.

On a side note do you think Goodell is looking for a way to have two AFC teams in the SuperBowl?

I think it's bullsh*t that the Pats run up the score on everyone. Belichick says that's not what they are doing, but come on everyone can see it! He's rubbing it in the face of every team they play because of the cheating issue, even Stevie Wonder can see that.

Who the f*ck cares? Those guys playing defense are getting paid millions of dollars to play football. If they want to do something about NE running up the score, get some f*ckin cajones and STOP THEM. Until then, everybody needs to stop pissing and moaning and start doing their job.

Yeah, I love how the announcers were like, "You know, Tom Brady doesn't care about stats or records." And then right after that Brady calls for the Pats to go for it on 4th down, and then proceeds to make the 1st down and eventually throw another TD pass. I'm sitting there like "yep, Brady doesn't care about the records at ALL." :rolleyes:

Yeah, I love how the announcers were like, "You know, Tom Brady doesn't care about stats or records." And then right after that Brady calls for the Pats to go for it on 4th down, and then proceeds to make the 1st down and eventually throw another TD pass. I'm sitting there like "yep, Brady doesn't care about the records at ALL." :rolleyes:

Thank you!! I can't believe I'm agreeing with a Steelers fan! :blink:

Thank you!! I can't believe I'm agreeing with a Steelers fan! :blink:

:D

I'll have you wearing black and gold in no time! lol

Really though, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and the Pats are everybody's enemy.

(I may actually have to root for the Ravens when they play NE. :o )

Randall Godfrey had some very interesting things to say after the pasting the Pats put on the Skins last Sunday...

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick had little response to the comments of Washington Redskins linebacker Randall Godfrey, who criticized the coach for going for it on fourth down twice in the fourth quarter of New England's 52-7 victory.

Godfrey told NBCSports.com that he approached Belichick after the game and told him he needed to "show some respect for the game."

"You look at all the great head coaches . . . I'm just disappointed," Godfrey told NBCSports.com. "You got to show some class, show some respect. Joe Gibbs? We wouldn't have done that. Bill Walsh? You wouldn't see those types of guys doing that stuff. I've never seen nothing like that. Most teams, you get up like that you sit on the ball and try to run the time out. They're up 30-some points and they're throwing deep. That was blatant disrespect. . . . This isn't like college going for power rankings. This is the pros, you show some respect, show some class."

He has a point, I wouldn't be surprised if some team goes after Brady trying to hurt him intentionally because no one wants to be embarressed like that. Remember when LT called the Pats classless and said it started with the HC, maybe he was on to something.

I really do hope you aren't right, I remember how I felt when Palmer got hurt. It SUCKED

Well I can tell you this, the NFL is full of prideful men who don't like being emberrassed. When Belicheck intentionally shows up a classy, hall of fame coach like Joe Gibbs people do take notice and want revenge. The Pats are on top now but it won't always be that way and since Belicheck likes to kick people while they are down I would expect the same to done to him.

I think Belicheck should consider how effective his offense would be with Matt Kassel running the show, because he's one hit away from that being a reality. If Belicheck makes a habit out of purposely running up the score and embarrassing teams full of prideful men I would expect some cheap shots on Tom Brady, not saying it's right but it is what it is.

Belicheck is really ruining his legacy, imo. First with the unnecessary cheating and know this, Godfrey is dead on, his actions show he doesn't respect the game or the people who play it.

I suspect that the continued late scores are an attempt to obliterate Manning's TD record as well as planting the seed in everyone's mind that the Pats are unbeatable this year.

But things have a way of evening out. I don't think I will shed any tears for those guys when it happens.

However, I will give them credit for going out and rebuilding their WR core, canning Corey Dillon and getting Adalius Thomas all in one off-season.

Even the chin agrees...

NFL Rumors Cowher: Brady could be target of cheap shot

Wednesday, Oct 31, 2007 4:13 pm EDT

Getty Images

As the New England Patriots pour it on opponents, fans have to be wondering about it and Tuesday former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher said it: If the Patriots keep running up the score, will someone like Tom Brady be the victim of a retaliatory hit?

The subject of the Pats' late-game tactics is causing a lot of buzz around the NFL, particularly after Sunday's 52-7 victory over the Washington Redskins. On a CBS conference call with reporters Tuesday. Cowher noted the Patriots could be playing a dangerous game.

"At some point if this continues, someone's going to take a cheap shot,'' Cowher said. "Is that worth subjecting your players to if it comes to that?''

Source: Boston Herald

• 3 weeks later...