SportsDawg

That's easy...

Starting from the left.

Levi Jones:Left Tackle

Eric Steinbach:Left Guard

Rich Braham: Center

Bobbie Williams: Right Guard

Willie Anderson: Right Tackle

It's called continuity(sp?) with only one change from last year. The only thing that may change is if Koostra pushes williams out of the starting guard spot, but I'd be kinda shocked.

My dark horse pick(damn, I've been picking NASCAR races too much :D ) is for Thatcher Szalay to make a push for the starting center job by midseason...But then that could be wishfull thinking cause of the hole at center behind Richie.

Meantime, the Redskins cut center Larry Moore, according to a source familiar with the situation, saving $1.3 million in cap space. The eighth-year veteran had been Washington's starting center the previous two seasons. But the Redskins signed Cory Raymer and re-signed Lennie Friedman to compete for the starting job, making Moore expendable.

Moore was released last week, but the move was never announced by the Redskins. Moore is expected to sign with the Cincinnati Bengals, according to another source. Moore missed the Redskins' minicamp last month with a bruised foot. The Redskins would have waived Moore sooner, but NFL rules prohibit an injured player from being released.

From the Washington Post

Makes sense now why ML passed on Leckey and Hadnot in the 5th round of the draft.

two centers with experience are better than one.

But at $1.3 mill? Might spell the end of Reggie Kelley.

That's what he was making, not what he will make. If he comes straight to the Bengals and doesn't shop around then there is every chance that he'll be taking closer to the leaugue minimum...Kelley is least likely of any of our TE's to get cut...

Center != Tight End in the final roll call of positions to make the team...We'll keep 3 TE's and Kelley will be one of them...Remember, Marvin is moving this team to run more, and that's where Kelley shines, plus he has a very good presence in the locker room....

I would guess we only need 2 TE with one blocks better & the other catchs better. Schobel & Kelly

I disagree. We need one all-around TE, a backup (or 2nd TE on 2TE sets) and St. Louis as the 3rd.

Having three TEs with different contributions allows the defense to key off our tendancy. It happened a lot last season on plays we should have busted out, but then you see a secondary blitz and Dillon or Rudi is down with only a one to two yard gain.

The Bengals never changed it up with their TEs last season and unless they do it this year, I really don't expect much out of the TE spot.

I really think they should address this in the 2005 draft.

I'm not so sure about the D-line positions.

But first the offensive line positions.

Left Tackle - Levi Jones

Left Guard - Eric Steinbach

Center - Rich Braham

Right Guard - Stacy Andrews - (I hope he beats out B.Williams)

Right Tackle - W. Anderson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DT --

John Thornton

Daryl Gardner

Mathias Askew

Langston Moore...?? Gardners' signing probably means the end of Tony Williams. - 2 + million for 2 sacks..?? Not gonna' happen!

DE--

Duane Clemons

Justin Smith

Robert GEathers

Elton Patterson...?? Powell was only signed for 2 years, and with 2 young guys the same size, he has to be expendable.

WHOA there Chris....I loved the Andrews pick too, but he is so not ready to start, he's a project that I don't want worked during games during Carsons first year starting :ph34r: I would actually be surprised to see him even suit up for the first ten games or even at all this season...but man when he does

:player:

WHOA there Chris....I loved the Andrews pick too, but he is so not ready to start, he's a project that I don't want worked during games during Carsons first year starting :ph34r: I would actually be surprised to see him even suit up for the first ten games or even at all this season...but man when he does

:player:

Watching the film of that guy, he did a pretty good job of protecting Manning in college. He may not be ready to start now, but I don't see Bobbie Williams here for too long with him around ya' know.

Either Way, with him blocking on the edge ( Tackle eligible ) for goalline situations, who's gonna' get past him.. :D

Watching the film of that guy, he did a pretty good job of protecting Manning in college. He may not be ready to start now, but I don't see Bobbie Williams here for too long with him around ya' know.

Either Way, with him blocking on the edge ( Tackle eligible ) for goalline situations, who's gonna' get past him.. :D

Actually, I'd much rather see him groomed to replace Willie at Right Tackle...I actually like the Williams pickup and think he'll be a real boost to the rushing attack. Andrews is a monster and if the team grooms him right he'll be one of the greats...

I would guess we only need 2 TE with one blocks better & the other catchs better. Schobel & Kelly

I disagree. We need one all-around TE, a backup (or 2nd TE on 2TE sets) and St. Louis as the 3rd.

Forget about St. Louis as a TE, I remember two years ago when Schlobel and our other "starter-type" (I cant remember who it was now, maybe someone else can chime in) got hurt and St. Louis should have been our next option, but did not play one snap as TE... We were in a pinch and he still was not an option... He is one of, if not the, best long-snappers in the league, but that's it...

I don't think there is much question among the designated starters. I wouldn't be disappointed if Larry Moore beats out Richie and center. Also, I hope Stacey Andrews gets a lot of work as backup right guard, because I think in 2 years his athleticism will be to much to keep off the field and the thought of him and Willie shoulder-to-shoulder on the right side with Levi and Eric dominating the left is soooooo exciting!