Sports Line Has No Clue

Twurksum10

CBS sportsline had possibly the dumbest football quote I think Ive ever seen.

"TE: The position has been a sore spot ever since Tony McGee left."

Now as you pick your self up off the floor which I know I fell too in laughter, you relaly have think what was this guy thinking. First Tony McGee sucked so bad, no one had a bigger part of us sucking in the 90's than him, how many crucial first down and touchdown passes has he dropped? Im willing to bet its an NFL record. Secondly Kelly, and Schoebel are both better than McGee ever was, and im not sure Stewart isnt either. I hate sportsline they never have a clue what there talking about, but this just really blew me away. Anyone else have any fond memories of Tony "Cement Hands" McGee, dropping passes, blowing games, or anything else.

The only passes I ever remember Tony dropping were those critical 3rd and 14 or 3rd and 12 passes. Oh and those 3rd and 6, 3rd and 9, and those always pesky 3rd and a long 3. Oh wait there were thos 3rd and 5 and of couse the 3rd an 11 ones too. So yeah I guess he did drop a few but only the ones that hit him in the hands. Oops my bad he did drop the ones that hit him in the numbers too. But to his credit he only dropped them when he was well covered. Wait........no thats right he also dropped them when he wasn't well covered, oh yeah, and when he was wide open. Other than that though he was friggin awesome.

The only passes I ever remember Tony dropping were those critical 3rd and 14 or 3rd and 12 passes.

Oops my bad he did drop the ones that hit him in the numbers too. But to his credit he only dropped them when he was well covered.

he also dropped them when he wasn't well covered, oh yeah, and when he was wide open. Other than that though he was friggin awesome.

Were those drops before or after we resigned him a couple of times. :lol: