Trade Rumors about Garnett going to the Lakers

jditty47

PLZ GOD MAKE THEM COME TRUE. LAKERS WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

either a 4 way trade or a 2 way trade...u can check espn for the rumors. Lakers would give up odem and bynum.

PLZ GOD MAKE THEM COME TRUE. LAKERS WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

either a 4 way trade or a 2 way trade...u can check espn for the rumors. Lakers would give up odem and bynum.

If the T-Wolves trade Garnett for Odum and Bynum then McHale needs to be put on Odell's drug testing program. The Lakers should throw in a few more scrubs and future 1st rounders, atleast the next two years.

I heard they are still trying to make it happen but LA still have a major weak spot in the middle. Yea KG is prlly one of the best PF in history but can he D up Tim Duncan? because last time I checked they don't have a center who can and the spurs are the team to beat. I look at it this way compared to some of the other great duo's in the west no one is gonna be able to compete with the Big 3 except maybe the Suns.Even by getting KG, LA is far from getting another title IMO.

The newest development has KG going to Phoenix and Stoudamire going to Atlanta with their 3rd and 11th (I think going to Minn)...

WHODEY !!!

Trading Stoudamire is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of, he's one of if not the best big man in the game today. Name another big man who is under 25 that is on Stoudamire's level, that kid is going to be one of the most dominate players in the game in the next 3-4 years while Garnett is on the decline. What GM in their right mind would trade their best young player, that would be like the Bengals trading Carson for Matt Hasselback, both are very good players but Carson clearly is the more attractive option because of his age.

If the Hawks can get Stoudamire and somehow get a quality pg like Chauncey Billups, they could go from chumps to champs really quickly.

From the Suns p.o.v. this trade is a wash, I don't think that KG is that much better than Stoudamire that it would be that big of an upgrade. I hear management and Stoudamire fellout because he felt like they were rushing him back to soon from his knee injury and they felt like he was taking to long to get back on the court. In situations like that teams have to trust the player to know his body the best, they can try to monitor his recovery to make sure he's doing everything he's supposed to be doing. But it's silly when you have millions of dollars in guaranteed money invested in a guy and then you rush him back into action before he's ready and he either gets hurt again or doesn't perform to his highest level.

Either way the Lakers will suck and Kobe will still be a first class beeyatch :P , j/k

If they can pull of a trade for Jermaine O'Neal that should put them back in the hunt for the big chip, O'Neal and Kobe sounds familiar for some reason.

I heard they are still trying to make it happen but LA still have a major weak spot in the middle. Yea KG is prlly one of the best PF in history but can he D up Tim Duncan? because last time I checked they don't have a center who can and the spurs are the team to beat. I look at it this way compared to some of the other great duo's in the west no one is gonna be able to compete with the Big 3 except maybe the Suns.Even by getting KG, LA is far from getting another title IMO.

LOL are you kidding me? far from getting a title if they get KG? HAHAHAHAHAHA PALEEZE! that has to be the worst post mb on the history of the board. Kobe is the greatest player in the NBA and KG is top 5. They either will win the title or they will come very close.

Basketball is a team game man. Sure Shaq and Kobe won a title but they had role players. What are you going to have in LA? KG and Kobe. No role players. At least Shaq and Kobe had big shot Rob. Bottom line the Spurs and Suns are the teams to beat regardless if LA gets KG.

Now Kobe is apologizing to the Lakers for acting like the spoiled kid in grown man's body that he is, what a joke this guy is....Why is that Kobe is always apologizing for his stupid behavior, maybe if he could check himself before he got outline he wouldn't have to embarress himself by holding press conferences to apologize.

Bryant says he apologized to Kupchak

By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer

July 5, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Although he didn't rescind his trade request, Kobe Bryant softened his stance somewhat Thursday night, saying he had apologized to Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak in person for the way he handled his upset feelings five weeks ago.

"I just felt like as a man, it was important for me to tell him, `I'm sorry it came out that way,"' Bryant said at a lightly attended news conference at Loyola Marymount, where he spoke mainly about his camp for youngsters at the school this week.

Bryant said that while he could have called Kupchak, it was important he speak with him face-to-face.

"I was frustrated, I was venting," Bryant said.

When asked whether he still wanted out, Bryant replied: "I haven't thought about that in a long, long time. I've kind of stepped away from that. I've concentrated on Team USA. What I say is what I say. We'll just have to see where it goes."

The U.S. national team begins practice July 20 in Las Vegas.

Bryant, the NBA's leading scorer the past two seasons, complained about a lack of talent around him at season's end, and said May 30 he wanted to be traded, adding nothing could change his mind.

Despite that request, the Lakers have made clear that trading Bryant isn't in their plans. Bryant is owed $88.6 million over the next four seasons, but could terminate his contract in two years.

The Lakers haven't won a playoff series since reaching the NBA finals in 2004 for the fourth time in five years. With Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal leading the way, they won three straight championships from 2000-02.

O'Neal was traded to Miami in July 2004, a day before Bryant signed a seven-year, $136.4 million contract to remain with the Lakers, who haven't won a playoff series since O'Neal left.

Bryant said he hasn't spoken with Derek Fisher since Monday, when Fisher was released by the Utah Jazz so he can concentrate on finding the best care for his 11-month-old daughter, who has cancer in her left eye.

Fisher said he wants to live in one of the six or seven cities being considered for Tatum's care. Bryant and Fisher were teammates and, from all indications, good friends while playing with the Lakers from 1996-2004 -- the first eight seasons of their NBA careers.

Kupchak didn't rule out the possibility of a return to the Lakers for Fisher, who signed with Golden State as a free agent after the 2003-04 season and was later traded to Utah.

Bryant said 450 kids aged 8-to-18 attended his camp

What a clown..