Go Raiders!!!

Killer apparently a fan to the end

May 22, 2007

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Arizona executed a 50-year-old man by lethal injection on Tuesday for the murder of a camper in 1987, state prison officials said.

Robert Charles Comer, convicted of the murder of Larry Pritchard, was put to death at 10 a.m. at the Arizona State Prison complex in Florence, southeast of Phoenix.

When asked if he had any last words, witnesses reported that Comer smiled and said, "Yes, go Raiders!" in what appeared to be a reference to the Oakland, Calif., professional football team.

Comer had withdrawn his federal appeals and refused to attend a clemency hearing in recent weeks.

For his last meal Comer requested fried okra, four buns and two slices of banana bread with butter and salt. :blink:

Comer was on death row for more than 19 years for shooting Pritchard in the head on Feb. 3, 1987, at a campground near Apache Lake, east of Phoenix.

He also attacked a young couple at a neighboring campsite, hog-tying the man to a car fender and repeatedly raping the woman during a drive through a wilderness area.

Comer was the 23rd person to be executed in the state since Arizona resumed capital punishment in 1992. There are 112 inmates on the state's death row.

So the lesson to be learned here is if someone ask if you want to go to a Raiders game in Oakland, just say no!!

I've been to one, unfortunatley. Bengals vs Raiders in the late 90s...I didn't make it out of the parking lot without removing my Jeff Blake jersey first. I received many threats (from being beat up to killed) even though I was minding my own business. Real classy bunch up there.

I've been to one, unfortunatley. Bengals vs Raiders in the late 90s...I didn't make it out of the parking lot without removing my Jeff Blake jersey first. I received many threats (from being beat up to killed) even though I was minding my own business. Real classy bunch up there.

At least you didn't get a shiv for your trouble while cheering for your own team...in your own stadium...like some poor Chargers fan a few years back. Remember that?

I lived in LA for a few years and don't remember seeing a single Raider fan that wasn't a total dirtbag.

At least you didn't get a shiv for your trouble while cheering for your own team...in your own stadium...like some poor Chargers fan a few years back. Remember that?

I lived in LA for a few years and don't remember seeing a single Raider fan that wasn't a total dirtbag.

that's because there isn't one....

My wife's uncle is a Raiders fan and he actually is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

My wife's uncle is a Raiders fan and he actually is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Is he from Oakland though?