Andy Furman on the Radio

Jungle_Fever

First time I ever listened to the dude on the radio so I am not going to completely bash the guy. For the short time I was on the road, the guy made some pretty idiotic remarks. Namely was questioning ML in letting Dillon and Spikes go as they dictated the move and claimed no other NFL coach lets that happen. If I had the opportunity to call in, I would have loved to hear is comments regarding Terrel Owens, Ty Law, Keyshawn Johnson off the top of my head.

Cant believe the guy couldnt give ML any credit for weighing the costs and benefits of a player. We have a salary cap here folks. Tough decisions have to be made.

Anyone else hear his comments on the radio? Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks

You gotta love Fuhrball. He does make statements and stances like that, but I think he does it for good radio; which he provides by taking a minority view. I mean, he sucked you in, didn't he? :D

Actually, I think he believes letting Dillon and Spikes go is a good thing; I just think he takes the stance that will get the most calls and responses. It's good radio and good ratings.

I don't know how anyone could be upset over losing Spikes and Dillion.

The team wasn't winning when they had the both of them, all they did was generate bad press for the team and made others think Cincinnati was the worst place to be. I think the team is better of with out them, sure they are good players but there will always be a better younger player out there. Both had the chance to stay with the team and improve it, and they both were thinking of themselves when they left. So who needs them. I would rather have guys that want to play for Lewis and the team.

"The team wasn't winning when they had the both of them, all they did was generate bad press for the team and made others think Cincinnati was the worst place to be."

Uh Hello??? Earth-to-Tampa, Earth-to-Tampa--is anyone there???

When Spikes and Dillon were in Cincy, THE BUNGLES WERE THE WORST PLACE TO BE. When a team on another team's schedule get referred to as "BYE WEEK #2"--it's pretty bad.

The Bungles were the doormat of the AFC for most of Spikes and Dillon's stay.

Plus, dealing with the Brown Family on contract situations must be a real hoot.

;)

"The team wasn't winning when they had the both of them, all they did was generate bad press for the team and made others think Cincinnati was the worst place to be."

Uh Hello???  Earth-to-Tampa, Earth-to-Tampa--is anyone there??? 

When Spikes and Dillon were in Cincy, THE BUNGLES WERE THE WORST PLACE TO BE.  When a team on another team's schedule get referred to as "BYE WEEK #2"--it's pretty bad.

;)

Well then what has changed...in your opinion? What has been the difference since the end of the '02 season?

Spikes leaves and they pick up three or four guys for what it would have cost to keep him and they win 6 more games. So obviously letting Spikes go didn't hurt the team. I am guessing that ridding ourselves of Dillon can only help.

First time I ever listened to the dude on the radio so I am not going to completely bash the guy. For the short time I was on the road, the guy made some pretty idiotic remarks. Namely was questioning ML in letting Dillon and Spikes go as they dictated the move and claimed no other NFL coach lets that happen. If I had the opportunity to call in, I would have loved to hear is comments regarding Terrel Owens, Ty Law, Keyshawn Johnson off the top of my head.

Cant believe the guy couldnt give ML any credit for weighing the costs and benefits of a player. We have a salary cap here folks. Tough decisions have to be made.

Anyone else hear his comments on the radio? Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks

Furman....heh....sounds familiar..... <_<

"Well then what has changed...in your opinion? What has been the difference since the end of the '02 season?"

Oh, that's an easy one--the on-the-field coaching improved. That's it. That explains the flunctuation in wins/losses.

Everything else in the organization stayed the same. The Front Office still sucks, obviously.

"Well then what has changed...in your opinion? What has been the difference since the end of the '02 season?"

Oh, that's an easy one--the on-the-field coaching improved. That's it. That explains the flunctuation in wins/losses.

Everything else in the organization stayed the same. The Front Office still sucks, obviously.

So all of the positive things that happen are because of Marvin and all of the questionable, dumb, or stupid things that happen are because of Mike and Katie? I just want to make sure.

Spikes was a horrible move to let go, if we had him last IMO we were in the playoffs, he was one guy that wouldn't of allowed Jamal to run so easily, and probably would of seen charlie garner streaking out of the back field uncovered vs the raiders in the 2nd last play of the game. GRRRRR.

Spikes was a horrible move to let go, if we had him last IMO we were in the playoffs, he was one guy that wouldn't of allowed Jamal to run so easily, and probably would of seen charlie garner streaking out of the back field uncovered vs the raiders in the 2nd last play of the game. GRRRRR.

NO NO NO!

Letting Spikes walk was the defining point of Marvin Lewis' reign as head of this team. He said no one player is bigger, or better than the team. And like I said about cancer, er I mean Dillon, just how many games did Spikes help us win? At least by letting him leave Caoch Lewis sent a message and it ended up getting us a 3rd rounder this year...Not bad.

Letting Spikes walk was the defining point of Marvin Lewis' reign as head of this team. He said no one player is bigger, or better than the team. And like I said about cancer, er I mean Dillon, just how many games did Spikes help us win? At least by letting him leave Caoch Lewis sent a message and it ended up getting us a 3rd rounder this year...Not bad.

For those who think Mike is pulling Marvin's strings (cough..cough...Barbarian), I say that move proves otherwise. MB's past history was to retain or match offers for "home grown" talent. If Dickie or Brucie were in charge we would still have Spikes, but Marvin went for quantity by bringing in three or four over the suppossed quality of one guy.

Uh Hello??? Earth-to-Tampa, Earth-to-Tampa--is anyone there???

When Spikes and Dillon were in Cincy, THE BUNGLES WERE THE WORST PLACE TO BE. When a team on another team's schedule get referred to as "BYE WEEK #2"--it's pretty bad.

;)

The team is better off with out them.

just look at the record. If Spikes and Dillion really cared about playing they would have stuck around to help turn the team around. They are too focused on their own careers than the good of the team. Too me they are both a couple of "Leons"

"For those who think Mike is pulling Marvin's strings (cough..cough...Barbarian), I say that move proves otherwise. MB's past history was to retain or match offers for "home grown" talent. If Dickie or Brucie were in charge we would still have Spikes, but Marvin went for quantity by bringing in three or four over the suppossed quality of one guy."

Matching other teams' offers is a Mikey Trademark--through and through.

However, Spikes was beginning to speak out against Upper Management, thus violating his LOYALTY CLAUSE in his contract. THIS REEKS OF MIKEY BIGTIME. See, Mikey doesn't care if YOU SUCK, BUT IF YOU REMAIN LOYAL, THEN YOU GET REWARDED.

This is the reason why he signed Artrell Hawkins back a couple of years back.