Bengals win tonight kills Stealers

oldschooler

Someone on my home board made this post, just thought I would

share the info with Bengals fans here.

Credit goes to AmishBengal for the post below...

I believe that if we beat the Colts tonight, we kill the Stealers.

If we win, we would be 2 up on Das Burgh with 2 to play. They'd have to run the table while we went 0-2, including a loss to them, for them to just tie us at 9-7. The tiebreakers would go:

1 - Head-to-head = 1-1 Split

2 - Division Record = 4-2 Tie

3 - Common Opponents = 7-5 Tie

4 - Conference Record = 7-5 Us, 6-6 Them

We would win the tiebreaker against Pissburgh, assuring the Stealers of finishing no better than 3rd place in the North. As a 3rd place team, they would only get into the playoffs AFTER the 2nd place team in their division (us) got in. So a 3rd place Pissburgh can only make the playoffs as a 6 seed, and then only if the 2nd place Benglas were the 5 seed.

Unfortunately for the Stealers, if the scenario plays out as described, Denver would beat us, assuring the Broncos of a worst-case 9-7 season, and they would win the tiebreaker over us for the 5 seed based on their head-to-head win. If we beat Indy and lose out, the BEST we could do would be a 6 seed, which kills the Stealers.

We win, Pissburgh dies. It's that simple.

Just another reason to pray for a Bengals win tonight ! :sure:

WHO-DEY !!!!!! :bengal:

Pittsburgh doesn't scare me at all. We've been the better team for 2 years now. They have no chance in hell at the playoffs. We control our own fate and all we have to do is win. Palmer has got to outdo Manning tonight!!!

Oh the Stealers don`t scare me either. I just hate them is all.

And would love nothing more than to be the team that kills their

slim hopes this season... TONIGHT.

We need to win anyway, but this would be a lovely bonus...

Pittsburgh doesn't scare me at all. We've been the better team for 2 years now. They have no chance in hell at the playoffs. We control our own fate and all we have to do is win. Palmer has got to outdo Manning tonight!!!

yeah I know, we owe them bastards a little something huh.. I would love to spoil there chances.

We need to win anyway, but this would be a lovely bonus...

Completely with you on this one. A win tonight gives us the positioning in the division where the Steelers cannot overtake us. A win by our Bengals takes away the #5 wildcard possibility from the Steelers. The chances of that single final spot will be oh so very slim. I will love that.

Someone on my home board made this post, just thought I would

share the info with Bengals fans here.

Credit goes to AmishBengal for the post below...

I believe that if we beat the Colts tonight, we kill the Stealers.

If we win, we would be 2 up on Das Burgh with 2 to play. They'd have to run the table while we went 0-2, including a loss to them, for them to just tie us at 9-7. The tiebreakers would go:

1 - Head-to-head = 1-1 Split

2 - Division Record = 4-2 Tie

3 - Common Opponents = 7-5 Tie

4 - Conference Record = 7-5 Us, 6-6 Them

We would win the tiebreaker against Pissburgh, assuring the Stealers of finishing no better than 3rd place in the North. As a 3rd place team, they would only get into the playoffs AFTER the 2nd place team in their division (us) got in. So a 3rd place Pissburgh can only make the playoffs as a 6 seed, and then only if the 2nd place Benglas were the 5 seed.

Unfortunately for the Stealers, if the scenario plays out as described, Denver would beat us, assuring the Broncos of a worst-case 9-7 season, and they would win the tiebreaker over us for the 5 seed based on their head-to-head win. If we beat Indy and lose out, the BEST we could do would be a 6 seed, which kills the Stealers.

We win, Pissburgh dies. It's that simple.

Just another reason to pray for a Bengals win tonight ! :sure:

WHO-DEY !!!!!! :bengal:

Actually tonight's game is meaningless to knocking the Steelers out. We have two chances to knock them out, the Bronco game and the head to head game. For the Stealers to make postseason they have to win out, the jags have to lose out, and we have to drop to the broncos, the broncos lose their last game, and one or two other games have to go a specific way. That's because when it all comes down to it, Denver having the head to head against us would knock us out (since we would have same division record as Pitt).

steelers can g et 6th seed no? even if were 5th?

That's true. Just that a win by us eliminates the possibility of the #5 seed, and then they are therefor absolutely fighting for that very last chance.

Aye but might be in their favor we go 2-0 we clinch the 5th seed and can rest starters but then again.:P if they beat baltimore were still in division leader race so mybe not.:PBills could very well beat the ravens too.

Actually tonight's game is meaningless to knocking the Steelers out. We have two chances to knock them out, the Bronco game and the head to head game. For the Stealers to make postseason they have to win out, the jags have to lose out, and we have to drop to the broncos, the broncos lose their last game, and one or two other games have to go a specific way. That's because when it all comes down to it, Denver having the head to head against us would knock us out (since we would have same division record as Pitt).

I prefer to win the next two, starting tonight, and then effectively getting a bye on 12/31. 10-6 will surely have us in.

steelers can g et 6th seed no? even if were 5th?

Still a bunch of teams in the way at 8-6 or 7-7, their division and conference records suck == no f**king chance.

For them to even have the remotest chance, the Bengals basically have to go 0-3 , Jets have to lose a game it would be really hard to see them losing, etc, etc.

Hey, what's that sticking out of Roethlisberger's back? Oh, it's a FORK. They're DONE.

The Bengals are better this year, but you guys were not better last year. I always said if the Bengals beat us you never would have gone on a run like we did. You are seeing tonight what would have happened to you if you beat the Steelers. 5 time World Champs baby!!!!

Ah, the little men show up again. As I said, they only show up during a loss. Wee, little men are they.