Our competition for the wildcard

BlainThePain

I can't believe how many Bengals fans are wondering if the season is already over. The division is still very winable and we are right in the running for a wildcard spot.

Our wildcard competition right now:

Chargers or Broncos- 6-2

Chiefs- 5-3

Jaguars- 5-3

Jets- 4-4

We also have an advantage over the Chiefs because "head-to-head" is the first tie-breaker for a wildcard spot.

I can't believe how many Bengals fans are wondering if the season is already over. The division is still very winable and we are right in the running for a wildcard spot.

Our wildcard competition right now:

Chargers or Broncos- 6-2

Chiefs- 5-3

Jaguars- 5-3

Jets- 4-4

We also have an advantage over the Chiefs because "head-to-head" is the first tie-breaker for a wildcard spot.

This shows the absolute importance of the next game ... Chargers. I really think the Broncos will take the division. The Jags will probably hang in there, but I think the Jets will fall. So ... if ... IF ... we can put together some wins, it must start with the Chargers. If we get it done, we might just prove to hold some nice tiebreakers in the end should the Ravens hold on.

(ugh ... I am starting to sound like ridiculous Urine fans who are constantly looking for that one last snippet of hope for a playoff berth. Hey, I guess it could be worse ... our Bengals could be the '06 version of the Steelers).

(ugh ... I am starting to sound like ridiculous Urine fans who are constantly looking for that one last snippet of hope for a playoff berth. Hey, I guess it could be worse ... our Bengals could be the '06 version of the Steelers).

Question. How could renacting what the Steelers did last season make things worse? Didn't they win the Super Bowl?

Question. How could renacting what the Steelers did last season make things worse? Didn't they win the Super Bowl?

Huh?

Do I really need to clarify "'06 version of the Steelers"? Come on, I think everyone who reads that would understand that I am talking about THIS SEASON'S version. Man.

Huh?

Do I really need to clarify "'06 version of the Steelers"? Come on, I think everyone who reads that would understand that I am talking about THIS SEASON'S version. Man.

My appologies. Your right. It could be that bad but it is not since we are still in the playoff hunt.

My appologies. Your right. It could be that bad but it is not since we are still in the playoff hunt.

Regardless, our Bengals are bad. They, unlike the Steelers, have time to "right the ship". Can they do it? Can they turn the season around? Can they go from bad to good over the next several weeks? Being a fan, I say yes. It's a tall task, and it starts next Sunday in PBS.

Regardless, our Bengals are bad. They, unlike the Steelers, have time to "right the ship". Can they do it? Can they turn the season around? Can they go from bad to good over the next several weeks? Being a fan, I say yes. It's a tall task, and it starts next Sunday in PBS.

We definitely have had our fair share of problems this season. However, ESPN has an article stating how the 1970 Bengals started the season at 1-6 and ended up in the playoffs. The article focuses on how poorly the Steelers are doing but mentions the Bengals. Glad we are not 1-6 or 2-6 but it shows we can still get there.

Like others, I am concerned with the o-line. It seems Carson is getting no time for play development. It seems that we did not get a break in yesterday's game until the Ravens started playing a vanilla d-line. I haven't heard anything about Rich Braham, any news?

Who Dey!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2650973

4-4 is disappointing, but I agree that all is def. not lost. Let's focus on the division. If we can knock off the Browns in Cleveland, we've got home field against the Ravens and the Steelers. Honestly, I see Baltimore losing to the Steelers in week 16, and that means if we can beat Baltimore in Paul Brown, that sets up a New Years matchup against the Steelers in Cincinnati with the division on the line (for us). Tell me the Bengals can't get up for that game.

It seems like a lot has to happen, but really we just need to win out in the division (with our two hardest remaining division games to be played at home) and have the Steelers beat Baltimore in Pittsburg. The Steelers are having a rough season (and I love it) and you know they would love to regain a little pride by taking it to the Ravens, particularly in front of a home crowd.

In my mind, that's our best chance at the playoffs.

Just goes to show how EVERY game is important. We need our O-line to show up on Sunday and DO THEIR JOB!..........and Steiny........If I was in the 'nati, I'd pull a Tonya Harding on your azz to spare the Cincinnati faithful another dreadful performance. Please go somewhere.....anywhere!

Sorry...I had to edit my post, it wasn't very lady like.................Let's just say, Steiny is really getting to me.