Taylor signs with Seahawks

tigerpwz

Yeah especially when the contract that we were willing to pay Sapp was $16million for 4 years. That wasn't even including a signing bonus. It just makes me sick sometimes to see a player that we could have afforded just go like they did. He would have helped our secondary tremendously. Oh well excited for the draft.

I think a lot of those numbers are because he gave Ray Roades a discount, Roades did draft him and he feels loyal to him....Plus he has an extra million a year if he leads the team in picks (will probably happen)

sorry guys, but i just don't think taylor was the answer. he's running on used tires, he wasn't fast to begin with (see him get smoked in the nfc title game?), and marvin clearly thinks that he'll be okay with a foursome of james / weathersby / first-round draft pick / and myles. even at the low money, i, for one, am glad that taylor is in the emerald city rather than the queen city.

what about Aaron Beasley cb , He was a cap casualty with the Jets, and he's a 8 year vet. 6'0 205lbs. Decent coverage skills, and a solid person.

---Could get him a lot cheaper anyway. Has 20 career interceptions and 4 career touchdowns 2 int's and 2 fumble recoveries.

---I'm pretty sure unless he's got injuries I don't know about,Cincy' might have him in their sights...

Taylor 4 years 11.3 million that could max out to 16.8 and only a 3 mil. signing bonus..??

-- I won't blame Mike Brown and Marvin on that one, The Pasquerelli report said he wanted to play for Ray Rhodes again.

coming from someone who has lived in nyc for the last 10 years -- and therefore been forced to follow the Jets -- stay the f#%@ away from beasley. on a mediocre team he's a third-string corner -- at best. again, i think the way everything is shaking out should tell us that marvin has faith in weathersby and myles...don't know if that's a good thing, but that appears to be the message.

Brooklyn boriqua here man... Bushwick (bed. sty..)

----Thanks for the info on Beasley... I think the Jets entire defense struggled because they have all that 1st round talent up front with Shaun Ellis, Robertson, Abraham,----etc, bu didn't play the run well, nor garner much of a pass rush..

--That lack of a pass rush could have helped to make Beasley look so poor as well.

But if he's a bum.. we'll find out.... :D

a decade on the upw here, mi compadre. and, trust me, beasley stunk. i happen to like the jets -- i hope carson has a dollop of pennington in him -- but trust me, even with the purple-people eaters as his front four, beasley would get smoked like an old jerry garcia joint...

If you guys are disappointed by not getting Taylor--DON'T BE.

For one thing, his agent was "frank" in the press after Mikey tried to low-ball Taylor with a horrid offer--his agent stated that Bobby Taylor "won't be a Bengal next year".

Plus, whoever said the Taylor wasn't the answer anyways was correctamundo.

He was overrated.

However, someone else mentioned that he wasn't a speed demon. Dude, quit standing on the 40-yard line with Mike Brown at the Indy Combines. Speed isn't everything or Artrell Hawkins would have been a Pro-Bowler every year.

He may have been overrated, but hes better than any corner we currently have. Another one bites the dust... :angry:

I would definately disagree with that statement...If he was that good he would have been paid more by some of those teams out there...As it was, if he would have been a Bengal he would have been a nickel back, not an everydown reciever cause he wouldn't beat James out, and I don't think he'd beat Weathersby out, and he didn't want to take nickel money, and that was what he was offered.

He may have been overrated, but hes better than any corner we currently have. Another one bites the dust... :angry:

I completely agree with this. How would Taylor be worse than Hawkins, Weathersby, KK or Roberts. It's not about getting the best, we could never afford that, but improving the position. 4-years for $11 mil? That seems to me pretty manageable.. that's a little more than 2.5 mil the Bengals were offering.

He may have been overrated, but hes better than any corner we currently have.  Another one bites the dust... :angry:

I completely agree with this. How would Taylor be worse than Hawkins, Weathersby, KK or Roberts. It's not about getting the best, we could never afford that, but improving the position. 4-years for $11 mil? That seems to me pretty manageable.. that's a little more than 2.5 mil the Bengals were offering.

I have to agree with this, too. Not the best but a definite upgrade, and the second best CB on a vaunted D-secondary is great, but I read on ESPN.com that he had a higher offer from Cincinnati but went to Seattle to be reunited with Rhodes (the coach who drafted him).